01 November 2022

New month

Happy November!  One more month after this and were done with 2022.  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing just yet. 

Gator woke me up at 5a and there was no going back to sleep.  I tried to ignore her but that didn’t work and she only got louder.  I eventually got up and fetched her some food.  She ate and I tried to go back to bed but I knew I wouldn’t fall asleep.  She kept chirping even after getting food.  I had no idea what in the world was going on.  I think she didn’t want me to go in this morning and for a fleeting moment I was all set to work from home. 

I got moving and had breakfast as well as a shower.  Gator went to the fountain as I was getting into the shower.  I got out and found her camped out by the fountain.  She didn’t drink any water overnight.  She had consumed a bit.  She worked her way back to my room. I hand fed her a bit of food.  She found her way to the living room and I put her second can of food on the floor.  I told her that it would be okay and that I would try to be home super early.  I still don’t think she was pleased with me or my decision to press on. 

Last night we spend the night in my room watching TV.  It was her choice I started out on the couch and she got down to uses the litter box and then just went to bed and it was still early in the afternoon.  I am guessing she doesn’t feel the greatest but she is trying to put up a front to throw me off. 

She is still eating which is a good thing.  I think whatever was going on with her stomach over the weekend took a bit out of her spirit/mood.  However, she still seems pretty normal. 

I checked on her when I finally got to the office and she was settling down for a nap in my room.  I am anxious to see her tonight as I always am when I am away from her.  There just isn’t enough time in the world for me to spend with her but I also realize that I can’t just stop and be by her side all of the time or I won’t get anything done or be able to live.  I know she is on her way out but my hope is that isn’t around the corner and that she still has some years left in her.  I am doing all I can to try to make that happen. 

Last night she was grooming and out of no where she leaned over and gave me a lick on the leg.  It was so sweet.  I know she cares for me and leans on me.  I lean on her as well.  Were a great team.  I do wish that one of her siblings was still around to keep her company while I was away.  I know I could get another cat but it wouldn’t be the same thing and getting another cat right now isn’t a move I want to make. 

Today is a busy day here at the office.  I have a short break and then things are going to ramp up and get seriously busy, which is all fine by me.  It will make the time pass and hopefully I can leave early like I did last week so that I can get home before the rush starts and be with my little girl. 

I caught a glimpse of the cute new guy that started this morning.  I’d like to get to know him better but mixing business with pleasure is never a good idea so I will just stay in the distance and admire from a far.  Besides that I have no idea on his sexuality and wouldn’t want to out myself by making an advance.  That is probably the only good thing that will happen to me today but I am wearing my lucky socks. 

Hope that you have a great Tuesday.  Back to the fun or something like that. 

No comments: