06 November 2022

Closer to Giving Thanks

As per usual I had plans for Saturday of just eating out and running errands.  However, one thing led to another and I wound up staying home all day.  Parked in front of the TV and taking naps here and there.  Gator got plenty of attention and cuddle time.  I watched My Policeman with Harry Styles on Amazon.  It was a rather interesting story.  I watched the trailer first and knew that I would enjoy it.  I also watched a Netflix documentary called Orgasm Inc.  That was about a cult that started off as orgasmic yoga.  It’s about a special spot that you can stimulate on a woman, they did this for 15 minutes.  Apparently there is a similar spot on a man but it winds up turning into something more sexual so they only marketed to women.  It was a wild story that I could have never imagined. 

I spent the bulk of the day disconnected from my phone, it was turned off and I was away from social media.  Towards the evening I got a craving and had to turn on the phone to see what was going on in the world.  That’s when I stumbled across the news about the death of Aaron Carter.  That was soul crushing and heartbreaking.  I actually remember seeing the headline and I had to re-read it and then opened the story to see if it was the same Aaron Carter I was thinking of and sadly it was.  I was a fan of his music when his career launched and I actually have two CD’s of his.  I spent many mornings and evenings on the way to or from work listening to his music as well as on weekends.  I watched the reality series House of Carters.  I knew about him and his brother Nick but didn’t know much about the rest of his family.  From what I remembered on that TV show everyone lived a comfortable life but they didn’t always get along, which is typical for most families.  I saw him first appear on the TV show The Doctors and how he was struggling.  He went from a good looking kid/young man to an adult in a shell of a body.  He had many issues with body dysmorphia and illegal drugs.  It’s like his life took a turn down the HELL off ramp and he just went the wrong direction.  Things got bad and then worse.  I heard the news when he came out as BI.  Then he joined an adult cam site.  Next thing I knew he found a girl, she was having his baby and they were getting married.  He seriously fucked up his face and body with tattoos.  Apparently having a kid didn’t change much for him and he never got married but was still engaged, there was an on again off again relationship with the mother of his child.  Now that poor kid has to grow up without a father.  News media has said that he drowned in the bathtub, but there hasn’t yet been an official cause of death.  It’s just a sad thing for a young man at 34 years of age to die.  It was like his life didn’t really get off the ground.  Hopefully, he is in a better place and has found peace.  Knowing that he is gone at such a young age really wrecked my day. 

Since I didn’t get out I had to dine out for breakfast.  I went back to Cracker Barrel.  I got the crappy young twink waiter who always manages to fuck me over somehow.  This time was the first time everything was right.  He also stopped to make conversation with me asking me if I lived close by and then before I could answer he told me where he lived.  I honestly didn’t know what to make of that.  It could have just been casual conversation and being friendly or it could have been taken differently.  I don’t like to play head or mind games and I don’t pickup all that well on subtle hints that are dropped.  I almost asked him if he’d like to grab a bite to eat sometime but I resisted.  He might be gay but I can’t honestly tell.  He’s got his ears pierced but that is normal today.  He’s thin and is clean cut.  Obviously there is a sexual attraction there on my part but I’d like to get to know more about him.  With a serious difference in age I don’t know how well we would mix.  I may get up the courage to ask him in the future but for now I just let it be.  I also don’t want to ask, get shot down and then have it be weird when I show up where other wait staff treats me different or snickers behind my back.  Been there and done that it’s not fun.  I do kind of feel like I passed up an open door but at the same time there’s nothing wrong with taking things slow. 

I made it to the grocery store then came home.  Napped for about an hour.  Gator woke me up.  I got going and did my cat food shopping and hit up Sam’s Club.  My laundry is done I just need to take it upstairs and put it away.  There is the pill task and running the vacuum and taking out the trash.  I plan to go to Red Lobster to eat dinner in a bit.  I’d like to get home before it gets dark.  I am still working on moving all of the clocks back.  I am also waiting on an Amazon order.  I got a Tempur-Pedic mattress topper that I have had my eye on.  I’ve watched that thing fluctuate in price like a kids yo-yo.  It was on sale for 40% off and I just jumped while the getting was good.  I hope it helps me sleep better and more comfortable. 

Thankfully we are only days away from Election Day.  I am so excited because all of the ads both in the mail and on TV will stop.  Plus all of the signs will start to come down and life can go back to being a bit more quiet.  I hope for the best as to who wins but I’ve cast my ballot and each and every November I am always so thankful when the election is done. 

Speaking of which on Friday I finally was able to get Thanksgiving reservations made.  I got extra stuffing and threw in a piece of Chocolate Cake because I know my friends neighbor really likes that.  They stopped making cake balls which we all liked but the Chocolate Cake tastes the same it’s just not in small bite size pieces.  I called my friends to let them know and that’s when I learned they invited their Priest and his wife.  I said great at least you told me in advance so I know to leave my crude sense of humor at home.  I had some good jokes worked up but I suppose I will need to contain myself and be more business like and every other word can’t be a swear word but I am telling you I know I will fuck that up and some profanity will come hurling full speed out of my mouth, let’s just hope its something simple and I don’t take the Lords name in vein.  Since they have 2 more people coming they are going to add on another carry out package.  Mine alone was $217 so I am sure that they will easily spend another $150 if not more.  There should be plenty of food for everyone to have something to take home and have left overs.  I made pickup the same time as last year.  I don’t know when were eating but I’m guessing it will be something like 3:30 or 4p.  I do hope that it’s an enjoyable time.  The tradition that me and my late spouse started lives on years after he sadly departed.  I like eating in their home better than at the restaurant because there is more room and you can move at your own pace.  Eating in the restaurant is nice but the tables are far too small for all of the food they bring. 

I don’t look forward to this week because I will be on-call but Tuesday is a holiday for us and Friday the boss will be gone.  I only have to put up with him for 3 days but you know he will be rushing to cram a full weeks worth of work into those 3 days he has to work.  I don’t look forward to that necessarily but hopefully there is no drama and little if any pressure. 

Speaking of pressure I need to get moving if I am going to make it to Red Lobster and be home by sun down.  I hate driving in the dark.  I can do it but I would rather not if I can avoid it. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great week for us all.  Take care and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: