16 November 2022

The Hangover Effect

I took the OTC Sleep aid with my Prescription Sleep Aid and I really had a deep sleep. I also had some crazy dreams. I was at work at an old job, we rearranged an entire floor it was a massive floor the size of two or three buildings. There were multiple elevators and I kept trying to get to the lobby. I rode I can’t tell you how many elevators and I finally made it to the lobby which is when I woke up. Gator was crying for food. I fed her and then remember getting back in bed and feeling really good, I fell back asleep. I was going into work and in the building, there was a machine that resembled a slot machine it was built into the wall. I remember there was a large bin where money came out. I remember sticking my hand in and looking for coins. I found a ton and also some paper that was folded into neat little tiny squares. I remember opening the pieces of paper and they turned out to be counterfeit currency the front and back of US Currency but you had to glue them together and it was obvious they were fake. I remember going to the bathroom and throwing them away. Then I had problems when I went to wash my hands. The sinks just didn’t put out enough water to fully rinse the soap from my hands. Very strange and then I woke up, time to tackle the day.

Wow that was a crazy sleep cycle. I didn’t feel rested at all and have what I am told is the hangover effect. It’s difficult to keep moving all I really want to do is lay back down and go back to sleep. I am doing my best to stay awake but I don’t know how long I will be able to fight it.

I got a shave and shower before I went to bed. Had Chicken Pot Pie and a Mint Ice Cream Sandwich for supper. My brain was very much focused on the waiter and I was watching a DVR TV show, we got to a commercial break. I had to pause to take care of Gator and my phone needed my attention. When I went back to watch TV, I wound up deleting the show. My DVR doesn’t have any kind of forgiveness when you commit to delete it’s gone forever. Then I had to scramble to find the show on HULU and sit through the commercials but at least I got to watch the show. I couldn’t believe that I actually deleted the show instead of resuming it. I am clearly not thinking straight (kind of humorous wording) but seriously if I would have been focused on what I was doing instead of thinking about the waiter I am sure that would have never happened.

Were at the half way point in the week so I need to make it through today and then two more days. Saturday morning can’t get here fast enough. That is when I will begin my quest for answers and I may have to wait until Sunday but I really want to get this cleared up regardless if it’s a good or bad outcome. It will either be the end which will mean bad news or clarification which would mean good news. I am fairly optimistic that this was some kind of a mix up or misunderstanding but knowing for sure will help me. I’m prepared for most any outcome that’s not to say that if it turns out to go bad that I won’t be hurt or disappointed.

Work today is pretty calm. There is a project that will ramp up a bit later this morning that will take some of my time and efforts. Then a pause for lunch. A meeting this afternoon and then more work after hours for a project. It’s going to be a long day but hopefully the evening will be fully done by 7p or so I hope. Silly project work since were off next week they are trying to cram two weeks’ worth of effort into one week. I hate that but there isn’t much I can do about it. At least next week at this time I will be anxiously awaiting Thursday and focused more on food. I expect the mood to be slow to the point where there is barely a pulse palpable at work, that is typical of a holiday week but I don’t expect things will really slow down until Tuesday. I think Monday will be busy. You never know for sure but past holiday weeks are usually a good gage for how things will go in future weeks. If this was way back to when I started, they would let us go early the day before the holiday but that stopped years ago. Now working from home, I can get that benefit back if I am not needed and no one bothers me.

My Girl Gator seems to be doing okay. Today is the big delivery day for both of us. She gets food and I get my Amazon stuff. Cinnamon Cream of Wheat will be for breakfast tomorrow morning. I love that stuff and wish that I could buy it from a local store instead of having to order it. The price jumped a few dollars just before I placed my order. I had been watching it for weeks. I’ve got my eye on a pen that I have been watching for a little over a year, it varies in price by $200 - $300 but I am thinking that when it next drops if life is good and things are right for me financially, I am going to pounce. Life is short, sometimes too short and I might as well make it happen because it’s not going to come to the door knocking for me. No one in their right mind would buy it for me due to the cost nor do I expect it as a gift. However, if I was famous, I could just start an Amazon Wish List like porn stars and influencers do and people just buy stuff for them just because. That irks me but it’s all about who you are and who you know. At the end of the day if you know how to work the system and it works in your favor and it isn’t illegal or immoral might as well tap it for all it’s worth.

I hope you have a good day, stay warm and be well. Happy Hump Day!!

No comments: