30 November 2016

Sick Wednesday

Much to my surprise I got a decent nights sleep.  I woke up at 5a and couldn’t go back to bed.  I had an hour and ten minutes to myself.  Marv figured out that I was awake and that is when he asked to be let out.  I obliged him and then returned to bed with a failed attempt to return to sleep.  I took time to analyze my body and then finally gave in and got up.  Breakfast was served and I was dizzy as a goose (not sure where that saying comes from but I’ve heard it before).  I opted to spend another day at home and seek medical care, if you can call what I did medical care. 

I found something to amuse me on the TV and eventually wound up back asleep.  I took a Benadryl,  just one because I didn’t want to sleep the entire day away.  Around 11:30a I decided to use a tele-medicine service that my employer has been promoting.  If my insurance was tied to my employer the visit would have cost less, still I put in my insurance information and found that there was no coverage, not a total surprise.  So it cost me $50 to see a doctor when I could have done the same thing with a different service for cheaper.  I could have gotten free care if I went to the ER but I didn’t feel like waiting for hours on end and calling my doctor is not an option, he’s always booked and you have to see the NP.  So this was a fresh start, I chose a doctor and went through a bunch of screens on my phone giving information about me and my condition as well as my medical history.  Then I found out that the doctor went off line so I had to start over.  Thankfully they kept most of the information I gave them.  I picked a new doc, he asked me questions that he already had answers to but I played along instead of being an ass.  I told him all of the antibiotics that I am allergic to, which wipes out most of the common courses of treatment and makes the doctors job that much harder.  Not my fault but I understand why it’s no fun having me as a patient.  So I told him what I typically get, I go with the stuff that powered through all of the crud from February and of course he tells me that antibiotic is not recommended for this type of infection.  Great so he gave me some baby antibiotic that I have had before but didn’t do anything for me.  Who knows maybe it will work this time.  I am stuck with it. 

I got this survey when I was done to rate the service and then rate the doctor.  I gave a crappy review because he failed to listen to me.  I know what works I’ve been trapped in this body for 45 long years and I might not have a medical degree and the drug I asked for might not be indicated for this type of infection but if he just took time to listen to me instead of dismissing me, this would have gone over much better.  Then the sob called me on the phone to ask why the low rating.  Seriously like he’s paid by what I said.  He gets paid if I leave a great review or a horrible review.  I told him he didn’t listen to me, which didn’t set well with him but if your going to ask a question you should be prepared for the answer. 

Not having taken a shower in a couple days I opted to get my lazy ass up and hop into the shower.  Warm water, soap, shampoo, conditioner it was nice.  I knew it would help making me feel better.  Then I grabbed dirty clothes because I needed to go fetch this drug along with 3 days worth of mail.  It’s like an hour later and the pharmacy still didn’t have the drug ready and waiting for me.  I had to wait a little bit in the drive thru line but got it and then came home.  I wanted to go grab a bite to eat, but I purposefully dressed crappy so reason would prevail and I returned home. 

Had a nice Chicken Pot Pie for lunch.  Passed out some food for the children.  Nothing good in the mail.  Got a package from SiriusXM talking about my free 6 month trial of the radio service they offer.  Then they told me what it would cost to join, they have an all inclusive package now so you can stream on the mobile app or on a computer.  I looked over their line up and they have it pretty well nailed down.  They took away their gay talk content which was my only reason for ever subscribing to them in the past.  I’m happy with my Pandora One, even if I run out of skips it’s way cheaper than anything they can offer me.  They also made sure that I knew the traffic service was a separate subscription and I have 5 years complimentary.  Yeah the whole deal here is to snag you as a subscriber because as soon as you subscribe those free trial offers vanish and there is no way to get them back.  I’ve been down that road.  I miss my Lance Bass, Larry Flick, and Frank DeCaro, which were all radio hosts on the gay channel. 

So another day at home, more work piling up for me.  I got the cunt to cover the departure for today.  However, another one came in for next month.  They are starting to wrack up and December will be a very busy season.  Which if I had to get sick now is the perfect time.  As we get closer to the end of the month more and more people will be leaving, it’s just how it goes. 

Also found out that work played with the holiday schedule again for next year.  So now we get Jan 2 off after I had scheduled it off.  Plus I am on call for New Years and get stuck with it for an extra day because of the new schedule.  It’s okay it’s all money.  Never had the luxury of working on a holiday but it’s some serious cash.  You have your holiday pay plus by law you should get triple overtime, most places do double overtime and a half.  I’m glad I am hourly in situations like these. 

Most of all I am thankful that I have a decent job and can support myself and my furry family.  I might not be living the dream life but I am making it and that is all that counts in my book. 

I am feeling more effects of this damn illness coming on.  Plus time has spun out of control so I need to run to have time to spend with the children and take in yet even more TV.  Unless I am next to death I will be going back tomorrow.  I know I have exhausted my time and don’t want to abuse the system.

Temperatures are much more normal now for this time of year and it’s cold out.  Got that heated seat button, the heat and the heated steering wheel on for most every drive.  I start out that way until I am comfortable and then tone it down.  There are 3 settings for the seat high, med and low.  It will stay on in the mode you choose until the car turns off and I must say it’s really nice.  I’ll try to remember that when I start making payments next month, just in time for Christmas.  How convenient.  Wish I could drive for a couple more months with no payment.  I know that next year I will likely be given an opportunity to skip a payment but interest keeps accruing so unless I am totally strapped I won’t fall for that either.  Best to stay consistent.

Now onward and upward to get my Bears and give him some loving before I have to take more pills and force my body to sleep.  I am running out of things to watch.  Time off from work for a holiday or scheduled vacation day is great but when I am sick I feel like I am a prisoner in my own home. 

Here’s hoping the rest of the week goes by fast and that I start feeling better really soon.  I hope all is well in your world.  Hard to believe tomorrow will be 01-December, 24 more days until Christmas!

No comments: