13 November 2016

To The Buffet

I took mister car out for a spin to the buffet.  It was a nice drive but by the time I got there I was super tired.  They didn’t have much in the way to eat that I liked.  First time in a while that happened.  I fixed one plate of food, then got my bread pudding and it was back on the road.  While it was fun to drive, kind of feels like wasted time to me.  Before I left on this journey I got the mail and my vin etching kit came.  Perfect day to leave your car out and etch the glass.  I am already getting the insurance discount for it and it’s something that I have done with all of my vehicles.  The back window keeps looking like it needs to be defrosted.  Well I solved that problem, the window was dirty on the inside.  I am no pro at cleaning windows and usually leave them full of streaks, this time was no different but at least it’s better than what it was.  Also put some protectant on the dash and shined it up, like the dealer should have done before I got it.  I am pleased with my purchase but not the delivery of the vehicle, they should have done a better job – especially when I took it back a 2nd time to give them a chance to get it right.  Right on time I got a survey about my buying experience.  I dinged them on the delivery but gave high remarks on everything else. 

It is seldom that things go off without some type of a hitch in my life, I’ve just gotten used to it, but it doesn’t mean that I enjoy it. 

Went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel today.  I was going to stay away because of Cracker Barrel Boy, but figured don’t let that stop you.  Go, eat some good food and enjoy yourself.  I walked in and he was working the host station.  There was a couple in front of me and he tried to get a co-worker to seat them so he could seat me, but that didn’t quite work out for him.  He made eye contact with me but never said anything directly to me and I didn’t address him either.  If he is so interested in talking to me, why not pick up the phone and call me?  It doesn’t make sense to me, but I take great solace in the fact that this will all work out.  Maybe not the way I want it to but it will work out. 

I made it through another claw trimming with Ruth.  She was not a happy camper and there was no calming her down, she wanted away from me and fast.  Her claws really were not that bad, there were some sharper than others but overall I could have easily skipped another week and not been in any trouble.  Now she is next due on Christmas Eve.  Really?  You think I am going to wrestle with her on Christmas Eve?  It’s not in my top 10 list of things to do but if I am in the mood I will.

It’s odd to have Christmas on a weekend but work is giving us Friday and Monday off, which I think is fair.  However, there is no New Years holiday.  They made up for that by giving us an extra floating holiday.  I’ve already put in for Monday, might as well use that extra holiday while I have it.  I used to like to take time off in the Winter around the holidays, stay home with the family.  Now that were short by a few members, I might as well work.  I don’t really ever just take a week at anytime, I split up my days here and there.  Oil Changes and Doctor Appointments seem to occupy the majority of my time off.  It would be great to have someone to travel with, if only for 2 or 3 days – Lord knows I am long over due for a vacation.

My friend called about his wife.  They got results back and it’s not looking good.  No medical doctor has said this for certain, but he read me the radiology report over the phone and it sounds like she is full of cancer.  It’s everywhere except her kidneys and pancreases.  Her spleen had a stroke and is essentially dead, you can live with out a spleen.  That was Friday.  This is really depressing and words of encouragement suddenly escape me, I feel just as helpless as they both feel.  I got a call this afternoon, she is back in the hospital.  Sounds like she has a bowel obstruction.  They went to a different hospital this time because the majority of the docs they are working with operate there.  It also happens to be the #1 hospital in the area.  It’s where my guy went when he had anything major happen and he in fact died in that very hospital.  It sounds like they are going to open her back up and do some cleaning and removing.  She is wasting away and only 109 pounds, she can barley eat and what she does eat has to be liquid or soft.  So Jell-O, applesauce, pudding, etc.  It sounds horrible.  She is in her 60’s which is far too young to have this happen.  I believe they have gotten past the impasse in the road and now that she is in the #1 hospital, there has been a lot of complaining going on and my friends sister is an Alumni at this place, I am more than confident that the ball will be rolling full speed ahead come Monday.  I also told him that he probably at some point will want to speak with an Attorney because they likely have a medical malpractice claim on their hands.  This really ruins Thanksgiving not only for them but for me because I know they are hurting and worried.  I don’t think any of my friends should have to suffer.  If it works out to where she is in the hospital, I will ask him to join us the reservation can always be modified to add an extra person. 

I am about to enter another week of on-call.  Just so happens there is a full moon, which explains why lots of strange stuff has happened.  Things always come out of the wood work on a full moon, don’t know why but I really don’t want to be on-call when they occur.  I have no choice in the matter and just have to hope & pray for the best.  We had some maintenance done this weekend and one of our firewalls is out of commission, so I can pretty well guess that the next day or two will be devoted around meetings to configure a replacement and get the old one returned.  The cunt is the lead on this since it’s in her office, I think she forgot to plug the power cable back into the outlet and that the unit is still functional.  She feeds on drama so why not create some, no one will be the wiser.  She is now arguing with another co-worker by email, why she is allowed to get away with this type of behavior is beyond my understanding.  I think she has done a great job at pulling the wool over our bosses eyes and buttering him up, she takes advantage of him and has a heavy influence on the outcome of situations that she should have nothing to do with.  I’ll just be glad when she finally hangs herself.  I don’t mean that in a physical sense but rather a literal sense.  If you give a person enough rope they will eventually hang themselves. 

There you have it.  I need to take care of some other business, do some more research on my car and how to take advantage of all of the features – then it will be time to sit down and watch this weeks episode of Shameless.  Looking forward to that.  I increased my diabetes meds, purposefully ate a high sugar breakfast to challenge the meds and this afternoon, no nap and a blood sugar reading of 96.  That’s damn good, especially for me.  I am happy with 100 – 110 but the doc likes it closer to 100 but not below 90. 

I hope this is an awesome week for everyone and that something good happens to all of us.  Like winning the lottery, getting a free lunch, receiving a compliment … anything positive.  Stay warm, be well and we will talk again soon!  Cheers.

No comments: