09 November 2016

Stunned with the rest of the world

I tried to stay up to watch the results and get to learn who would be our next President.  I am glad that I made the decision to call it a night and go to bed.  I was in disbelief when I heard the announcement this morning that Mr. Trump is going to be our next President.  I’ve said it all along but now it’s true … If Trump becomes President were all fucked.  Fucked we are.  Sure I will give him the benefit of the doubt but based on past behavior I think this is the wrong person to be in charge of this country, let alone our bombs.  I hope that he proves me wrong, I actually pray that he proves me wrong and turns out to be a great President.  However, today I wish I were Canadian.  I hear they have a very neat immigration system, so long as you can survive the snow it’s a great place to live is what I am told. 

So I was browsing social media and wow there are only like 1 or 2 people that are happy with the results.  I learned that something like 47% of Americans didn’t vote.  Wow this was very important, were talking about all of our futures and you chose to stay home or do something else and not exercise your constitutional right.  I get it that some people were incapacitated or maybe incarcerated and for those people they have valid excuses.  For the rest of the 47% there is no acceptable excuse, you failed us.

I was reading a friends post about how he and his partner, now fiancĂ© are going to close on a house this week.  How they are planning a wedding and even planning on adopting kids.  It all sounds great but his fiancĂ© has a union job so the fact they are gay and he has a union job, they are genuinely concerned about their future and wondering if they should make a 30 year commitment on a mortgage.  That got me to thinking hey maybe this could affect me with health insurance and the nice discount I get on a new vehicle.  If the laws are repealed and gay marriage is invalidated that would have a ripple effect that would seriously negatively impact lots of people.  All because they are attracted to the same sex instead of the opposite sex.  It’s been said before and is a proven fact that no one choses their sexual orientation.  That is only one component of a persons life just like if your black, white, Asian, American, Mexican, male, female, trans, etc. you have no control over those factors either.

The stock market has also been impacted by the election.  Let’s hope were not headed for the next wave of the Great Depression and that the economy stays level at best.  God please help us, because we really need it now.  While I am not happy with the results, they are what they are and we have to accept it.  A lot of people were upset when Obama was elected and you can’t please all of the people all of the time.  May we feel God’s hand in the United States of America.

Now that is over with, my evening was crappy because I chose to take a call from a co-worker and all she did was piss and moan about how things aren’t fair at work and that she wants out of this place, blah, blah, blah.  I like her but all of this negativity has to go away.  Plus sometimes you have to just let things happen instead of trying to prevent them from happening.  Some people live their entire lives in reactive mode and are never proactive.  There isn’t anything that can be done to change that.  She yammered on for 2 hours and there went the evening.  Holy cow it’s time to get ready for bed. 

Tonight I am going for a relaxing experience, just lounging on the couch and paying attention to the children while watching TV and trying to decompress from today.  Then I will go to bed and wake (hopefully) to face a brand new day. 

Speaking of new, still adjusting to the car.  Trying to turn on the rear defroster while driving can be dangerous.  Everything in this car is foreign to me and I am not accustom to the layout, getting there but not there yet.  I found out last night that automatic headlights, will turn on the high beam (aka brights) when it thinks lighting is too low.  That was a surprise to me and I don’t know yet if I am a fan of automatic headlights, the only thing I know is it’s one less thing I have to remember to do before I get out of the car.

So now it’s time to wrap this up and go back to the salt mine.  Meetings this afternoon and I am sleepy.  Must have nap, very important. Nope back to it.  

No comments: