12 October 2013

Overcharged

Today must have been overcharge day.  I went to Lowe’s to get furnace filters, 5 in a pack for $2.50, I grabbed two packs.  The clerk scans each filter and says that will be $25.  I said they are $2.50 a pack – she confirms with head cashier, voids sale and re-rings.  $6 with tax.  Much better!

On to Target for cat litter, allergy pills, deodorant and shaving cream.  I didn’t realize it until hours after I had been home, but the cashier rang up 2 allergy medications, which explains why the price was so high.  I went back and explained my story, I figured that I would have a fight on my hands.  Nope, scanned receipt, scanned item.  Refund issued, no questions asked. 

You really have to watch them at the cash register, everyone makes mistakes but I think some people just try to pull fast ones.

Yesterday leaving the office the elevator was about to close.  I stuck my arm in it and opened it for the hot guy I like.  He was wearing jeans.  Man his butt looked so good!  I wanted to jump him in the elevator but he’s straight, married and there were way too many people.  Ah dreaming is no charge.

I found out that our Fire Drill is Monday.  I am really not looking forward to that, other than the slight interruption in my work day.  It will be organized chaos because no one in our office has been told a meeting place or where we are supposed to go.  Ah well we will figure it out soon enough.

The special food I was getting for Big Boy doesn’t appeal to him anymore, so he wants regular food.  I am so afraid he will stop eating on me.  I bought him different special food, some of which is Fancy Feast.  I know he will gobble that up, it’s small but expensive.  His treats were on sale today a large bag for $0.89 when they are normally $2 for a small bag.  Why not stock up?

I called back and spoke with the Mortgage company yesterday, as I suspected they can’t take information over the phone.  I was told to complete the forms, fax them in and then make weekly status calls like a convicted felon checking in with his probation or parole officer.  I told them in a letter you know how to reach me, so if you need something contact me.  I will try to call you weekly but that might not always happen as I do have to work for a living and my work can be demanding at times.  I sent copies to the congressman's office.  I really hope they will stick by me through this process, I think that will be the HUGE difference here.  Perhaps it may compel them to fast track this because lord knows I have been waiting for a while.  I have also updated my attorney who was going to call and talk with them.  However, I’m not sure what involvement she should have at this point.  So I asked her.  Waiting for a response. 

I found the nurses name that was with my partner in his final hours.  I wrote and sent her a thank you letter.  Wow, that was a tear jerker.  What do you say, not typically a problem for me.  I did chose my words carefully. 

Resubscribed to Hulu Plus so that I can see Glee.  Watched the goodbye episode to Finn (Corey Montieth).  That was emotional and I had some phone interruptions so that saved me from totally breaking down. 

Now it’s on to cleaning the litter boxes, grabbing some ice cream and winding down for the night.  I will be back up early again tomorrow finishing up things and headed to the grocery store.  That trip I love to hate.  Going back to the regular store, just hope I can find everything that I need/want because they just rearranged it. 

Went out to eat tonight, saw a former relative of my partners.  Caught up with her.  Which is something that I have been trying to do for a while.

So average weekend – nothing special.  Just enjoying time at home with the kids and hopefully able to catch some good TV.  I wanted to go see Don Jon but talked myself out of it.  I’ll probably order it when it’s available on Pay Per View through Cable. 

Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Wow, that brought back some memories for me too. That was nice of you to write to the nurse. I called to talk to the head dispatcher (911) to ask him to please pass along my sincere thanks to all of those (fire and ambulance) who came to our home the morning my hubby passed away from a massive heart attack.

I'm sure the nurse will be touched that you thanked her.