31 October 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Today is the best day to commit murder.  Why?  Because if anyone sees blood they will assume it’s part of a costume and that it’s not real. 

I was reading and didn’t even realize that 20 years ago today River Phoenix died.  Remember him?  That seems like it was yesterday but 20 years have gone by.  I really feel old talking about things like this but I think that is just me being human.

Busy day with hardware but I am finally hardware free.  That is until the next thing fails.  Tomorrow it’s back to trying to finish my e-mail upgrade project.  Honestly I don’t plan on doing a whole lot tomorrow but if the phone rings or e-mail goes off I will be there to respond.  Friday’s are lazy days!  Everyone is thinking about the same thing, when do we get to start the weekend.

I was contacted today by my “friend” trying to pump me for information about her unemployment claim.  Apparently the company is trying to fight it and she wanted to know what I knew.  That is an HR matter an I am in IT we don’t talk about those things because there is no need for me to know.  I’m sure I could dig and find out something but honestly after how I have been used, I wouldn’t even bother.  I was appalled that she was trying to pump me for information.  Just continuing to try to suck more blood out of me.  She put on this pomp and circumstance show at my partners memorial dinner and now I realize how fake it was.  I’ve determined as have others that she is mentally ill.  So I am keeping my distance and for good reason.  If she reaches out to me and doesn’t want anything I would be shocked.  She is one of those people you never hear from unless they want something.  I now realize that she is trying to scam the system and earn money for sitting on her ass.  I have no sympathy for any of those people.  I busted my ass for 2 years waiting, hoping and praying for a job.  I looked every damn day and talked to everyone I could think of.  She has more connections than I and yet she was unemployed for 3 years.  Yeah, she simply didn’t try.  My partner called that one as soon as it happened.  I am not happy with myself that I fell for a charlatan as a friend.  She wanted something from me and could care less about my feelings.  Well go leach off someone else. 

Thursday means there is some good TV on.  An episode of Scandal, After the 1st 48 and oh snap I can’t think of the name of the show.  Anyway plenty to watch on TV.  Then in the morning I can turn the timer back on for the lights so I don’t have to come home in the dark.  Plus we start the count down to the 28th which is Turkey Day here in the US.  Looking so forward to eating Sausage Stuffing Again!  It only comes once a year and it’s something I think about off and on all year long. 

So time to go be with the children and clean the litter boxes.  Then the little beggars will be asking for more food just like kids on Halloween!  Oh snap TAZ is down here begging already.  See I told you beggars!  I love them though.

Another day done.  Tomorrow is Friday!  Carpet cleaning here I come, not looking forward to that at all.  No real plans for the weekend.  I do have to track down a couple addresses for my plan next week.  Outside of that and the carpets those are the only “plans” I have.  Oh and to get my brother a birthday card.  I’ve got to do that quickly.

Talk with you later.

No comments: