15 October 2013

Breaking News–Mortgage Issue

So I heard from the Congressman’s office today and from the way it sounds now the mortgage company isn’t willing to work with me because my name isn’t on the loan.  I have asked them for clarification about payment modification but they really prefer that I obtain a loan in my name and pay them off.

Now I’d love nothing more than to do that but problem is I don’t qualify because of my bankruptcy.  I think they have lost sight there is a human being involved here.  If they don’t work with me then my only choice is to stop paying them.  That will cause 1 of 2 things to happen.  1 – They will start to foreclose, in which case I can live here for a year before they kick me out.  But think of all of the money I will have saved.  2 – They will go oh my gosh, why didn’t you say something we can work with you. 

Basically I see it as they are forcing my hand.  I am not going to do anything rash just yet but I am not too far off from it. 

I’m told I will know more tomorrow, will let you know what I hear.  I am not holding my breath.

The one thing that amazes me is you get a different answer each time you call depending upon who you talk to.  You’d think they would at least be consistent in their responses.  I pointed that out to the Congressman’s Office but they chose to over look it. 

From the way it sounds I am screwed and not in a pleasurable way.  I feel like the only way out of this is to jump off a bridge.  What a HUGE nightmare.  I want it to end – I am looking for closure and to be able to exhale, this is just prolonging that. 

No comments: