30 October 2013

Hardware Hell

It’s been a busy day in the world of computers.  Lots of hardware failure, people having problems and WIFI issues.  Not to worry I’ve got it under control, just another wave in the sea of support.  I would rather be busy than bored, just not crazy busy. 

Feeling a little better after a night of sleep.  I drank so much water last night I had to get up in the middle of the night, which is a rare thing for me.  I know as I get older it will become more common and I don’t look forward to that.  Had some interesting dreams – don’t exactly remember what they were. 

I pulled a muscle in the middle of my back.  It’s a common thing with me.  Ever since I was young and tried to work on my own car.  I managed to send myself to the hospital because it just hurt so bad.  Muscle relaxers, Ibuprofen, Ice and lots of bed rest.  Too bad I am in the real world now and there isn’t time for all of that fancy stuff.  I took 1/2 a muscle relaxer and some Ibuprofen.  The only bed rest I will see is when I go to sleep tonight.  You will never believe me if I told you how I pulled it.  Okay here goes, but like I said you won’t believe it.  I was in the bathroom and fastening my belt which didn’t want to cooperate with me.  It went on easy this morning but I guess I was thinner then.  Anyway after several repeated moves I finally beat the belt into submission (yes I am talk about a belt – that was not a metaphor) then I went to move and holy hell my back.  Not exactly what I expected to feel but I guess I stressed a muscle too much. 

Tomorrow is Thursday and candy day.  NPH put up on his FB Wall that Candy Corn is made from traffic cones.  Funny!

Heard back from some friends that I had to leave messages for.  They were quick conversations and I really was in a talking mood.  Got the mail tonight found out my credit score and got the latest Yankee Candle catalog.  Thankfully that is all that was waiting for me. 

I backup my system with Crashplan.  It’s a great service but I noticed that the software would stop.  I wrote them for support and they looked into it and got back to me within a day.  I got a resolution to my problem and thus far it appears to be fixed.  Now my porn is safely backed up in the cloud.  It’s encrypted and requires a special password that only I have.  I used to use Carbonite but their software kept dying on my machine and they couldn’t figure out how to fix it.  They acted surprised when I left them after several years but a backup service is no good if it doesn’t work.  I remember the days backing up to floppy disks and then tape and I thought that was awesome.  I like the cloud much better and no though on my part is great.  Set it and forget it!  That is one of my many mottos of life.

Speaking of porn it’s been a while since I watched some so I’m going to do that and maybe get some cake and watch TV.  I would rather be with the cats then sit in the basement wasting my time in front of this machine.  Besides that I have my evening chores and then it will be time to retire for the night. 

Looking forward to next Thursday & Friday off.  Everyone will be on the company trip but me, I will be at home working myself to death… spending money but getting things accomplished.  I was asked today do you know for sure that you are off.  I said based on last year, yes.  I am not asking I am just not going.  I mean everyone will be gone, what is the point of going into an empty office?  I can be far more productive at home.  I will have my laptop with me so in case there is trouble I will be able to take care of it – or so I hope.  I really hope for quiet because I could use that. 

Have a good evening.  Talk with you again soon. Thursday is tomorrow, shame it’s not Friday.  :)

No comments: