07 October 2014

Lunchtime Tuesday

Once again no need to report for Jury Duty.  I am stuck at the office. :(  I woke up early, left early and got to work early.  Surprise!  Now if I could just leave early that would be awesome.

Yesterday I chatted with a co-worker by phone.  He has actually been in the department for the longest and wow he just opened up a flood gate full of stories.  We both think that they are trying to eliminate jobs by having us do these daily reports.  He suspects that he is going to be asked to leave.  Him andd the boss kind of got into it, where she called him stupid and told him to start sending her carbon copies on all of his email.  Wow, does that remind you of anyone?  It does me.  Anyway he went on to tell me that he feels my job is safe because I have a lot of people to take care of.  Yeah 99 is a lot but I have been responsible for a whole lot more.  Besides that why would she hire me only to turn around and fire me months later.  That makes no sense at all.  I am honestly not worried about it.  I mean with the mortgage in the process of becoming mine, there will be a lot riding on maintaining a job.  I have confidence that I will be taken care of.  Anyway, he told me that our boss likes to micro manage.  She takes a week and picks on a person, to the point where you start to question if your even capable of living and breathing w/o her intervention.  Then she moves on to the next person.  I have yet to have been the subject of that but I suspect just like on-call its only a matter of time.

Speaking of on-call I thought about paying somene to take my turn but that would only be a temporary fix.  I mean I will have to do it eventually, so I am going to get it over with next week.  1 week and then I am good until December.  I think it's a totally fair deal.  I don't think I am ready but you would be surprised at what you can do when you don't have options.  Just as long as everyone goes to bed at a decent time and allows me to get my cat & grocery food shopping done I willl be okay.

Last night I left feeling bad.  I gave someone wrong information about how to answer a prompt.  They lost all of there changes to the document and it was ike 5 hours worth of work.  Ugh.  The good news is that I was able to send a recovery file to word processing and they manipulated the file and got it to open, so she really didn't lose everything.  I am sure that one will make it's way back to my boss.  Hey, it's a rookie mistake and I am still new in this job.

Speaking of rookie, I got a call today from the guy I was in training with.  Seeing him on the phone (we have video phones) was awesome.  He was still as good looking on the screen as he was in person.  We chatteed a bit after I resolved the issue he was calling about.  Kind of a nice start to the day.

I've had a high volume of calls today, lots of people bail when it is their phone time.  I know it's just a matter of time before we all get another lecture about that.  Whatever.  I do what I am told to keep the peace, so I have nothing to worry about.  

Keeping track of what I am doing in my off phone time is actually eye opening for me.  I still don't like it but I'm doing it.  

Oh I got my absentee ballot by mail and voted over the weekend.  That was kind of awesome, no lines and you can sit in your home, research and make an informed decision instead of going into a booth and rushing the process.  I didn't research anything, I already knew who I wanted to vote for and now it's a done deal.

Big Boy & his brother (Jumper) are sure sticking close together latley.  I had a perfect photo and then they moved when I went to grab the phone.  Big Boy was resting his head against Jumper's belly.  They were all cuddle up.  It was super cute.  Big Boy is back to using the liter box again.  He really gets worn out and I swear he has to hold his urine all day long.  He puts out what looks like a gallon, he is in the box forever.  He jumps out, lays down to catch his breath.  Then its time to do #2.  Last night he did it in shifts, part of it in the hall.  The rest of it in my room in the middle of the night.  I can deal with that it's the urine that drives me nuts.

I stopped to mail a letter last night and picked up the mail, got an EOB from Medicare for my late partner for last year when he was taken by ambulance to the first hosptial.  The figures on there were astronomical.  His balance wasnt small either.  I am not worried about it in the least.  

Wow the after lunch yawns are starting.  I see that I have about 10 minutes left and then it will be back to work.  Anxioius to get home to the children.  Last night we spent time together.  I had some Chocolate Gelato and watched Mulaney.  He is cute for a straight guy! :) 

Well time to get this published and get back on the dusty trail.  Take care, be well and I will talk with you peeps again soon.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Hopefully micro managing won't be a thing that drives you crazy there.

Have a good week!