I made it home got the children fed and started my supper. I had some new Spicy Vegitarian Vegetable Chili from Campbell's. Spicy it was not, the same for delicious. Ah well nothing ventured nothing gained. Whille I was eating the clock struck 7 so I was on duty.
I was able to pay my bills, hit the 1 credit card that has all of the charges for BLU on it really hard. $800 which I think is a lot of money. It helped the balance but there are other things on there like my mophie, the trip for orentation/training, etc. It will be a little bit but hopefully I will be able to pay it off sooner rather than later. In the middle of paying bills is when the first call came in.
It wasn't even my user but she was in a location that I am responsible for and she said she had loaner equipment, so I just took the bull by the horns and helped her. Turns out it was a common issue and very easy fix. In the process of calling her, the second call came in. Now mind you neither of these were marked as urgent but I still called them back because they both had to do with work stoppages which is considered urgent, plus it was just the right thing to do (so I think). The 2nd caller wanted to know if there were network issues because his machine is slow and is getting slower. I block my cell phone number before I call anyone back, I don't need someone calling me in a week on my way home to tell me they have a problem that I would honestly not care about. Doing that discourages people to answer their phone. So I got to leave him a voice mail just to say no network problems, reboot your machine.
I stayed up until 10:30p and couldn't wait to get to sleep. All was quiet and I fell into a slumber when at a little past midnight the phone goes ape shit. I sprang out of bed (perhaps a little too fast). Looked at the issue and decided better address it. Turns out it wasn't my user. I have talked with her before but the other person on call should have dealt with this. I guess she is pretty pleased with me because she didn't have to get out of bed. I ran with it and finally by 1:45a I was able to retire back to bed. I set the phone on the floor next to the bed so I would be able to get to it quicker and it was quiet for the rest of the night. I woke up at 5a and had problems getting back to sleep but then when 6a rolled around I didn't want to get out of bed. I felt exta tired like I hadn't gotten any sleep. I hope that tonight is much quieter because my shows are on ABC and not to mention I would like to relax.
On the home front everyone seems to be doing okay. They are all eating. Shy Girl is still acting like something is wrong. I can't believe she actually misses BLU because they fought all of the time. I guess she has no one to 'play' with so she is bored. TAZ just mopes around the house, I think he really misses BLU. They were tight and snuggled up every night together. I sat down to give him extra attention last night and this morning I picked him up and just petted him. He was purring away loving every minute of it. I told him once again that BLU passed away and he won't be coming back. I try not to say his name much for fear that it will jog their memory.
Last night I wrote a thank you letter to my co-worker and put a photo of BLU in the letter along with the gift card. I just lost it when I was composing the letter. It hurts, but today it feels a little better. I was thinking last night how there is no more emotional roller coaster, no phone calls to make or receive and holding my breath to see if this or that will work. I still would like to know why he got a fever. Siamese cats are predisposed to certain things so perhaps it was something genetic, I am honestly not sure and will probably never know. I still look around but don't see anything obvious that jumps out at me. I hate mysterys and love to solve the puzzle but this is one that just boggles the mind.
I was proud of myself for making it through yesterday, even thought I was sleepy. I figured if I did it one day I would give it a go today. Hopefully things will be different and much better and quieter tonight. Staying up until 10:30p isn't bad it's the middle of the night stuff that I hate. I am sure I won't be fond of Saturday or Sunday either.
My mom called me last night to tell me that she is going to have another cornea transplant next month. Of course she wanted transportation help, which is the real reason why she called. I told her that I have a very small amount of PTO and I have to use it wisley. There are things that are planned like the closing and I am not sure if I will need a 1/2 or a whole day. Then with her to get to a follow up visit, I know she will want me to take a whole day and frankly from a cost perspective it would be better. I would have to drive to work, then drive to her house, then drive back by work, drive her home and then drive home myself. That in it's self would be a killer. I hope that it all goes well and there is a high sucess rate. If something goes south and she loses her vision that will be a real bummer. At least she isn't talking about a car. She did ask me if I could take her to the doctor on Saturday. I told her that I am chained to my house for the weekend, because I am on-call. Saturdays are supposed to be like working full 8 hour days and the same for Sunday but it's a little quieter. I have a strategy in place, we shall see if it pays off.
I was worried I wouldn't have anything to do. Problem after problem, jumping from here to there and back again. It's been a very busy day and lunch time is drawing to a close. Back to busy city. I am trying my best but can't help thinking of BLU. I hope he likes the Rainbow Bridge and thta he has found my late partner. Alrighty then, back to work it is. Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go because I owe, I owe, I owe. :) Talk with you peeps later.
No comments:
Post a Comment