We got a memo yesterday from our office manager that is telling us not to use the company phones for personal phone calls, use our cell phones on our break or at lunch and for God sake go into a conference room or an empty office. Don't air your business where everyone can hear it. I make personal calls at work on occasion and I use the company phone, because cell reception in here is margianal at best. I don't make a personal call every day so, I really don't consider it a problem.
I called the place that is helping me with the house and the payment went up $62 the figure I saw on the form was correct. So I am close to $1,000.00 per month. Still it will save me about $400 per month. I explained that I didn't want to back myself into a corner where I am back at a $1,500 payment per month that would just be unacceptable. If the payment would be that high, I could just as easily leave things as they are and keep paying. Then if something happened I would have to find a new place to live but my credit would be in tact. So we are on track to close. They are waiting for a couple more peices of information to come in and then I suspect a date will be set. The property taxes are what kicked things up. I explained that he had all sorts of exemptions and due to his age there was even a tax freeze at one point. However, as soon as we change the name on the title then that will all go away. I expect that taxes will go up even more, which means that my payment will be affected. I can swing $1k per month but really would prefer to pay less. The whole idea is to be able to save money and get ahead. I anticipate that this will not be the last loan I take out on the property. The sad part is that there is some of his credit card debt baked into the mortgage already so I am still paying for his debt, the only difference is once it's in my name it will become my debt. He wouldn't be too happy about that but that is the way the dice rolled.
Call me crazy but I think that what I pereseve as negative things that happened. My boss and the house payment wouldn't have happened if I left that darn pen behind. Then again maybe they would have. It's just my Catholic Guilty Consence bugging me.
The house still smells and I have treated everything that showed up with a black light. I am not sure exactly where else the odor could be coming from but my house will look like CSI tonight because I will be searching all over with the black light. I have plans to clean part of the carpet over the weekend. Hopefully the smell goes away. It appears as if Big Boy is back to using the box, but I am no 100% on that yet.
The massage lady worked me over but good yesterday. She found all kinds of knots and was working them pretty hard. I am sore but not as bad as I thought I would be. My waist/back is still bothering me. I am hoping with some extra rest and muscle relaxers that I can make it feel better.
I get to make a personal call later today to check in with the Jury Commission to find out if I am supposed to report in person on Monday. I'm doing that one from the company phone because well it's kind of related to company business. :) I have worked out some alternate people to help cover some of the simple things that I deal with on a daily basis. So I am actually all set to get this going, so long as there is no rain. Pick me for a jury it won't bother me, just as long as you don' bore me to death because if you do I will fall asleep and I am sure that will cause problems for me as well as for the case I am on.
Still picking away at on-line dating. No nibbles yet but I am out there and trying. That I think has surprised more people than anything. I miss having companionship and talking with a human. Plus everyone wants to be loved and needed. Maybe I will be single for a long time, when I find the right guy it will all have been worth it. Of course if I could have old faithful back I'd take him. I was really missing him this morning. I looked at photos of him on my phone while I was sitting at my desk. I almost started to cry and figured that I should put the darn phone away, before I did start up. That would be difficult to explain and I honestly don't want to have to explain or tell anyone here about it. The less they know of my personal business, the better off I am. I would be great to make a true friend here but I don't forsee that happening. Well it's about time to head back.
I've got 4 machines to deploy, so I have to read up on how they do that here. Every place is different and they have a procedure to follow. This will be the first time I have actually replaced someones machine so its super important that I get everything right the first time so they don't come yelling afterwards. I will hold the old machine for a bit until I know for sure they are happy and have everything. Then it's wipe time and once I do that there is no turning back. Oops I forgot, oh well sorry the data is gone and it's not coming back. They have a whole process where I have to sit down with the end user and interview them, from the documention it looks like the interview could be an hour long with all of the questions I have to ask plus places to check for settings & data on their machines. I hope I do it right. I'm starting with someone that I have worked with a bit. She will be my gineau pig and once I make her happy then I can move on to the others. This all has to be done by the 1st of next month so I have to get cracking because with being out for a week, that puts me behind the gun already.
Have a good weekend and I will try to do the same. Talk with you peeps later.
No comments:
Post a Comment