20 October 2014

Done with on-call for now

Yay it's Monday and I am not on call anymore.  I got a couple of wake up calls last night but thankfully they were for my counterpart, so all I had to do was hit the mute button on the phone to stop the alarm from sounding.  Jumper wasn't too happy about it but we soon were off into the land of slumber.

TAZ man has been seeking me out for attention.  I brushed him last night, the last time I brushed anyone it was BLU and I figured it was only appropriate that TAZ goes first so he could pick up whatever scent was left behind from his buddy.

Speaking of scent, cat pee is the scent that I am smelling.  Not good.  I worked on Saturday to clean up a couple of their messes and at the same time I removed the urine remover stuff.  I can't just leave this permenant brown ring on the carpet, it looks horrible.  I think honestly there are two ways to get rid of the smell.  #1 is to get all new carpets and #2 is to get rid of the cats.  Both of which won't be happening anytime soon.  I actually see no point in removing the carpet, why ruin new carpet.  I am not happy with Mr. Big  Boy but he doesn't know that.  I have kept telling him to pee in the litter box, it's an extra couple of steps but it's where he needs to go.

Tonight I haven't made up my mind to go straight home or to stop off at the pet store.  Right now the way I feel I could just lay down and call it a day.  My back hurts, my neck hurts and I am tired.  At least tonight I can power on the sound machine, put the allergy machine on full blast and not hear a sound all night long.  Plus the phone will be on do not disturb.

I was a little alarmed when I looked at the on-call calendar and saw that someone had modified my duty to extend to tonight.  I changed it so that it ended as of 7am this morning, like it's suppose to.  The guy after me is off today and I'm guessing he doesn't want to work on-call tonight.  I thought about asking about it but decided against it.  I looked at the schedule and plain as day it says I am on for 1 week.  Someone else is on for another, etc.  So if we follow the schedule I am fine.  My guess was tht someone thought because I had someone else cover last Monday I needed to do 1 more day. That isn't how it works.

The weekend was a little busier than I wanted but everything was simple.  I am doing clean up today and trying to tidy things up so I am ready for whatever this week throws at me.  I actually have an odd ball item that I am going to troubleshoot momentarily.  Then on Thursday I think I have to come in super early to set up for some meeting.  I am not happy about that but maybe I will get a good parking space.  Maybe even some free food, who knows.  

Gotta run right now.  I will talk with you peeps later.  It sure will be nice not to run aroud like the world is on fire.  Relaxation is the name of the game.

No comments: