Then my cell phone rings. It's our head Network guy and he wants to know whats going on. I said we are having a fire drill. Turns out the receptionist sent out a memo saying we had an emergency and were asked to evacuate, she also said this is NOT a drill. Well now I understand why I got the phone call. Oh vey, don't say the sky is falling unless you actually see it, even though by then it will be too late.
My lunch is cut a little short today because I have to set up for some meetings. It happens more often than not. I just adjust for it on my time card and everyone is happy and I can laugh all the way to the bank.
Went straight home last night and wow it smelled like Cinnamon Rolls & Cat Pee. Those two things don't go together. I broke out the steam cleaner and found a new place where the fat boy likes to pee at. The water came out yellow and I repeated the process over and over and eventually I just gave up. I didn't think that I would see clear water anytime soon. I sprayed something to help with the odor and once again I have a brown stain on the carpet. I honestly don't know how to fix this w/o replacing the carpet. A friend of mine says oh, pull it up and put down hard wood floors. That sounds great except you ever see a cat try to walk on a hard wood floor? It doesn't work so well. While I have a problem now, the last thing I need is for someone to break a hip and be back at the vets place. So I think I will pass on the hardwood floor idea.
Talked with my friend about the resturant guy. Her advice was repeat what you did Sunday again this Sunday and see where you get. I am super nervous about it and today is only Tuesday. I suppose time will tell if I am up to do it again. If I am I hope he is actually there this time. I was remarking last night how I don't think much of the dating apps that are out there. I mean does anyone actually go on dates anymore because all I see is hookup requests. Granted I did get one date but that just didn't pan out well. So the search goes on.
My neck is bothering me I think it's from too much time on my phone. Once again I look forward to going home and sleeping. Just me and my jumper. He was hogging where my feet went last night, I had to really push to get him to move. I guess he was comfy but I sure wasn't. Shame the massage lady won't be here this week, that would fit in really nice. It's been nothing but stress here latley and I am slowly coming down from that.
Here is to going home and walking in the door to smell only Cinamon Rolls tonight. That would be awesome. Supper will probably be mac and cheese - nothing fancy. 1/2 tonight 1/2 tomorrow. I noticed that I am packing on the pounds, not exactly happy about that but stress can cause that as well.
Speaking of stress, back to work. I am waiting on someone to fix something so that I can do my job, until then I am kind of in a holding pattern. Hopefully all will be well soon. You take care and I will talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
Without the expense of pulling up carpets and putting down some sort of flooring (wood, tile, lino, whatever) the only other option I can think of is to confine guilty kitties into a room without carpet while you are out of the house. (and have a litter box in there). Lots of people have to do that with dogs. They still have the room to stretch out / roam around in just not the whole house.
We're due for a fire drill at work... haven't had one for a few years!
Post a Comment