23 October 2014

Closing

I didn't know why but I felt drawn to Office Max to buy my pc.  Turns out we have a Office Depot & Max.  Since they merged we will only have Office Max, so the Depot is closing and they are having a moving sale.  They were practically giving merchandise away.  I got a new desktop last night for $600 including taxes.  They tried to sell me a warranty but I declined.  So now I am on Windows 8.1 and I hate it like everyone else.  I will purchase an overlay or download a free one.  I have begun the setup process - it's up and running.  I even have my old hard drive attached and as I suspected data is all in tact.  

So I get home pop in some White Castle to the Microwave and the phone rings.  I have been getting election calls like crazy but I answered this one.  Turns out it was the Loan Officer and he told me that we are good to close.  Once again things have changed.  I will get to skip my November payment but will have to make a December Payment.  I am still saving $500 per month, which is a good thing.  The interest rate is 4.25% which is pretty common these days.  He needs some additional documentation from me, but of course with my PC down it's going to take me a bit.  Then he hit me with what I dreaded cash to close.  Holy crap.  I hate parting with money.  I need a little over $1,300 to close.  So thankfully I have held on to my savings and will be able to make this happen.  We close on Saturday at 11am.  That will give me time to get to the bank to get a cashiers check, which is required.  Makee sure the carpet is clean, might be wet but at least it will be clean.  Tidy up the house a wee bit.  I mean the deal is done so it really doesn't matter what the house looks like.  Plus I will be able to grab a couple of my favorite pens to sign my life away.

I am very nervous about doing this, but I know it's the right thing to do so that the muffins and I can stay there.  Plus I will get away from the present lender and my name will be on the loan and the house will oficially be mine.  Given the fact that negative seems to follow me, that is a big reason why I am nervous plus I am commiting to a 30 year loan - who knows if I will live that long?  I just pray this all works out for the greater good.

Since I have so much going, I took off Monday which oddly is also my late partners birthday.  I would like to take care of getting a new vehicle as well but I think I am going to put that off.  That is an awful lot of change and right now my brain is going haywire -- no partner -- dead cat -- dead computer and now a house in my name.  Woah!  Slow down, save a little make sure that this all comes together and then maybe I will be able to take care of the car.  I don't know what the home loan will do to my FICO score, when I took out the line of credit for BLU it killed my score and I lost like 20 points.  Not happy about that but I figure in time I will be able to recover.  Plus with a lower house payment that line of credit will be paid for in no time.

I hope that Lawn Boy shows up over the weekend to trim the bushes, they are really bushy.  Then all I have to do is pray nothing else goes wrong.  I do have a toilet to fix, just a flapper to replace ... how hard can that be?  Good question, I will find out soon enough.

Lots going on here at work and I am taking a short lunch.  Plenty to do.  Looking forward to getting home on Friday night so I can start the weekend.  Meanwhile I just have to try to stay out of trouble.  Talk with you peeps later.  

1 comment:

Jude said...

This is good news, congrats!!