27 January 2023

Happy Friday :)

m8 12 18 22

I am so glad today is finally here. Tomorrow can be a day of rest or whatever it is I want without having to worry about work. It’s been a rough week. I am finally caught up and have a bit of time on my hands. I am not advertising that and just basking in the relaxation of it all. Kind of feels like I earned it. This is a bit more of what I am used to in a normal day and it feels quite refreshing. It does make for a bit of a longer day but that’s okay.

I finally am caught up on personal email and porn surfing. My doctor finally sent in my prescription requests. I’ve had to call the new Pharmacy 3 times. First an order was on hold. They want a physical address for controlled substances so I gave them that. Second, I saw one of the medicines I take had a renewal price of $1,500 for a 90-day supply. That freaked me out and I got confirmation that it was a mistake and my normal pricing applies. Third, this morning again because an order was on hold. It was over the physical address thing. I modified my address yesterday to include my po box but left the physical street address alone. That caused the order to flag as if there wasn’t a physical address on file but everyone apparently understands what I did and they will ship to the po box. I hope that is all of the calls I have to make to them. One thing I don’t like is they reference numbers instead of the medication name in all of the emails they send me. The last pharmacy had an option where you could specify either send #’s or the name. I wish they had this because a # means nothing to me since they are randomly assigned, perhaps that will be a future enhancement.

I get to call Amazon Pharmacy next and so don’t look forward to that. All I want is my medicine and I don’t get why it requires so much effort on my part. However, I will work through it and I am certain everything will show up eventually just as long as it’s before I run out of anything.

Last night I watched some old music videos via YouTube. That was kind of refreshing and a blast from the past. I kind of enjoy music from when I grew up a bit more now than when I was actually growing up and the tunes were coming out.

Morea got into what used to be Gator’s bed in my room for the 2nd time. Her and her brother had some issues last night where they weren’t getting along for a short period of time. I don’t deal with that really well with that and they know it upsets me. I tried to offer Morea some shelter since he was attacking her but she was confused as to what to do but eventually she got close enough and I was able to scoop her up. They go from sweet to sour in the blink of an eye. They both seem to have a bunch of energy and want to play a lot typically when I first get up and then in the afternoon/evening. They both sleep a lot as well.

I found myself having a bad dream trying to escape from a snake and when I woke up both of them were in bed with me sleeping. I was in the fetal position to accommodate their presence. That was odd. I had to get up for an hour and then went back to bed. The trash trucks came rolling in and that last hour to sleep in went by super-fast. Needless to say, I didn’t want to get up and get moving but I knew it was a requirement so I pushed through it.

The first few hours of the morning were nice and quiet so I was super productive which is what got me all caught up. I am eager to take a break and go back upstairs to the 2 fur balls but I know as soon as I do something like that all hell will break loose and I will need to come right back down.

I feel pretty well back to normal but my sinuses are bothering me a bit. I think its related to this smell in the house. It is supposed to warm up outside today and tomorrow so we get a bit of a break and then come Monday it’s back to the freezer. As long as the furnace isn’t running as much that should permit the smell to calm down and then all should be well. I can’t really express in words how frustrating this is and how tired I am of smells. No doubt most of it from the mouse issue that I had. Getting rid of them is pretty easy when you enlist a pro but no one does clean up after they are gone. I really wish they were never here and then this whole smell issue wouldn’t be a thing or so I think.

Plans for the weekend include sleeping & napping, hopefully some vacuuming, dining out, cat food shopping and getting mail. I’m thinking of hitting up a new place for breakfast tomorrow and then going to visit some friends. Kind of depends on how early I wake up and what I feel like.

Two days will go by so damn fast but for some reason I really and always have cherished a Friday night. It’s a special time that has always been the best part of starting a weekend. Kind of like the middle of a Cinnamon Roll, the very best part.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that I have taken in the new cats. It’s been an interesting 2 weeks and like all other points in time it’s gone by very fast. We seemed to have gotten used to each other pretty well or so I think. It kind of struck me last night that this is a new beginning in my life a point in time where I am truly walking on my own and have no support wires. Yeah, I was on my own 10 years ago when I was left with 7 cats but they were mine and I knew them from day 1 so it’s not quite the same thing. These cats are strangers that I have got to know and am still getting to know. It feels odd and while I think I rushed into this and say that I don’t want them, I know that life would be lonelier without them. I don’t like them under my feet or in my way. I’m not used to an in your face type cat and they both can get like that but Rudy seems to be the leader of the pack. He’s almost tripped me 2 times. If I fall down because of that damn cat, I will be super pissed, I just hope if it happens that I don’t hurt him or myself. I’ve always watched my back when moving with food even when I was the only person in the house because it became a habit, I’m glad that I haven’t grown out of that because it’s quite useful now more than ever. I’d say they both have imprinted on me and each one enjoys time alone with me. I’m kind of surprised and proud of myself at the same time. It all still feels like a dream despite it being real life.

My main hope and desire are that things keep going well not just with the cats but with life in general. I am looking for this year to be the year of positive change to make me happy or happier. My theme for this year will be the year of change/moving on. I’d love to find a companion and as always, I am on the prowl looking to find out who I can meet up with.

Love seems to be a game full of more challenges but once you find true love, I think it’s easier to keep it going than it is to start the search over. I know that entering into searching for a companion comes with quite a bunch of obstacles and challenges but I look at all of the things I’ve overcome thus far and this I think is my greatest challenge yet. If I can master this then I think everything else in life will just fall into place. Don’t get me wrong it’s not going to be all roses and rainbows but as long as the good outweighs the bad then it’s totally worth it.

Well I seemed to have cursed myself with this calm talk because all hell has broken loose so back to the fun. Happy Friday I hope that you have a great weekend, relax and pamper yourself life is too short & your worth it!

No comments: