I got a good bill of health from my dental checkup. I got the dentist to run a smoothing stone over my 1 front tooth that had a slight chip left over from last year, it’s been driving me beyond crazy.
My childhood neighbors funeral was livestreamed and I got to watch that. Sounds like there was quite a crowd and the service was pretty short. I figured it would be a funeral mass but it was not. They apparently made a friend that is a priest and he did the service, which was pretty good. He talked about some old memories and I learned a thing or two. I wasn’t the only one who sent a plant, in fact 2 other people had the same idea so I don’t know which one was mine but I know it made it there, which is comforting. I hope that his wife manages to hang on a while longer, I am not healed enough to handle an in person funeral.
I got word at work that a former colleague passed away in a ski accident. It’s like death keeps on happening all around me and well maybe it always did but I am much more hypersensitive to it now.
I stopped by the vets office to ask them a couple questions regarding adoption and to get the initial forms that I would need if I go through with the adoption and elect to bring them there. I was kind of expecting more information and what I got hardly made it worth my time of stopping, but the lady remembered that I was just there last month with Gator. I still have the feeling that I am moving too fast but I’ve kind of fallen for these two. So long as our next meeting goes well and I’ve got no reason to think that it won’t, I think they are done with the shelter. I am doing some serious thinking about this and when you stop and look at it, it’s kind of overwhelming as to what your actually committing to. It’s a lot of time, food, money and medical bills. Not to mention all of the emotions from good to bad and everything in between that come with this. I read an article that said not to let anyone push you into getting another pet after you lose one, but at this point I kind of am. I really don’t want to but that’s why I am giving serious thought to this and taking time to reflect and take a step back before I render a final answer. If I get them everyone will be pleased as punch and if I don’t get them then people won’t be terribly happy with me, but it’s my life and I have to do what I think is best for me. No one else looks out for me so that’s kind of a full time job.
I was barley gone a full hour for the dentist and man all sorts of emails and crap happened while I was out. We have a door that stopped working in my office and I figured a few simple remote commands could bring it back, but nope either the reader has gone out OR it needs a hard reset. Either way looks like I am going in tomorrow to try to see if I can fix it. I really don’t want to but it’s better than dropping everything and going over & back today, the day is practically over. I kind of thought I might have to but thankfully someone found a key. Tomorrow if I can’t get it working then I will have to place a service call but considering I am out for the rest of the week after tomorrow and won’t be back in the office physically until next Wednesday that’s kind of a long time to wait. Here’s hoping that I can be a hero.
I’m caught up and now we have a BS meeting in about an hour that we have to go to. Not looking forward to that at all. Who doesn’t get tired of their job? I am just so frustrated with all of the BS that I’ve accommodated and while I am paid pretty good, there is more to life than money. I really don’t want to start over but at the same time it’s like either get happy or tolerate what is annoying you OR make the change. I’ve learned multiple times that life is too short but there also some perks that come with this job that I don’t know I would be able to get elsewhere. Right now I am just trying to get through this week and the whole possible adoption thing – then once that is settled and I get comfortable I can take a look at my options. I’m also going to talk with my doctor about stress in general – that combined with losing Gator has really fucked with me and maybe rather than changing jobs more of what I need is a leave of absence, nothing major nothing beyond a month. However if I get that then I will want another month when that month is done. Time to process everything I do think would help.
Ah well that’s all I got for now. Back to the fun that is waiting for me at work. Looking forward to supper it’s a BBQ Prepared meal from the grocery store. Looks quite good. I had a Biscuit & Gravy for lunch, it was quick and I honestly really didn’t want to eat anything. Nerves were on fire with the work issue and trying to play catchup.
Take care and we will talk again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment