Hello and welcome back for another ride on my adventure train!
I had some problems sleeping last night, over the prospective cats. My mattress topper moved and I wound up sleeping in an odd position so my neck hurts. Terrific just how I wanted to go through the day.
I made it to the doctor and as my luck would have it, he was running behind. It’s okay I took the day off work so other than having a full bladder I was okay. I finally got to see him and as overwhelmed as I was I managed to forget to tell him 2 key items. At least I remembered the most important thing that was my medicine list and what needs to be refilled since my Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) changed. They sent me like 5 or 6 emails call your doctors office, your order was cancelled. I saw that as I was waiting for the nurse to come get me and walk me to the lab. I thought to myself what timing, at least I have nothing to call about because he is going to submit all new prescriptions.
I was actually kind of surprised I was allowed to leave based on some of my statements to the doctor about not wanting to go on with life and not really having a reason to get out of bed. However, the cat adoption thing might be what saved me. The doctor said that cats seem to be therapeutic for me and that I should consider at some point getting at least one more.
Later in the afternoon I had the 2nd meet and greet. The lady said you actually showed up that is a good sign. I guess some people are no call/show. I was raised differently. That is a mortal sin at least by the standards I was raised by. I was quite transparent with all of my issues and concerns. I managed to get out of the home visit and can pick them up from the pet store but I need to send the lady a photo of them in my home. We agreed that 1 to 2 weeks should be enough time to make a final decision. Both cats were all over me, which is not typical for them. I got my face and hand washed. I so miss that. They each got a 3 year rabies shot and they aren’t due for another one until November. There is no reason to go to the vet unless I want to or of course if they have a problem. My name is going to be primary on their microchip and the shelter will be a secondary contact, that covers if I happen to drop dead all of a sudden or get seriously ill. I can give them back at anytime for any reason. The lady even said that she would come to my house to feed them if I really wanted to travel. I’d probably board them or have a friend come over.
The adoption is set for the early morning hours on Saturday. We were going to schedule it for tomorrow but since it’s Friday the 13th she didn’t think it was such a good idea, but I told her it’s a date. I forgot about going back on-call but chances are low that anything will come in and if it does whatever it is will have to wait until I get home unless I can punt it to a co-worker. I have no worries.
I only plan to tell a select few people the news and want to keep it under wraps as long as I can. I just feel funny about telling people as if it will jinx me. I have no plans to give them back but still I am going to fully use the 2 week trial plan just the same..
It wasn’t as difficult as I thought to finally throw out the old litter. I am sad a little bit about it but I knew it wasn’t going to be something I hung onto forever. It might sound strange but I took a photo before I touched the box so I could memorialize the way Gator’s paws were in the litter. I haven’t done that for any other cat.
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, lots to do to get ready for these beasts to come home. I need to go buy food, treats and look at bowls. We used a feeder for dry food here but it did draw in the ants. Considering I have the exterminator coming I am not terribly worried about it but will ensure that he uses the same care he has with Gator.
I have lots of mixed emotions right now and part of me thinks what the hell did you just do. The other part of me is like yes were getting 2 cats. I hope that they adjust and we can all be comfortable here. We will have a full 3 days before I have to return to active work and then I am working from home for 1 day. I will worry about them when I go in on Wednesday but I know I will look forward to coming home to them, just like I would when I came home to Gator.
I like being all alone for the freedom and I will enjoy being all alone while it lasts. I did almost walk away from them but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. No one else has inquired about them which was really a shock because everyone sees them, they seem so interested. I guess this is the universes way of telling me it’s going to work out and things will be okay. As long as things work out for them, hopefully I can meet a Mr. Right and my life can turn a different direction as my luck changes.
Looking forward to my massage tomorrow hoping that I can get rid of all of my knots. Need a bit of time to chill and then I am headed to bed. Here’s hoping that I can turn my brain off and get some much needed rest. Regardless of what lies ahead morning seems to always come around fast.
Hope all is well. I will keep you posted on how things are going.
No comments:
Post a Comment