Saturday after I made my post I lost all interest in doing anything. I stayed home all day and chilled with Gator. She kind of enjoyed the extra attention and I enjoyed her company. I picked her up and hugged her, she kept it together for a short time but then wanted down and I almost got clawed in the face. It’s dangerous to pick up a Gator, be that an Alligator or an Instigator! She turns into an instant Gator.
Today I woke up early, had breakfast and then got dressed. Hit up the post office, new car wash, grocery store and gas station. Home for a few hours. Then ventured back out later in the afternoon to get Gator’s food. My the supply chain is failing me. Not much cat food in this area to be had, at least not Fancy Feast. She likes Duck and also Chicken from Purina their sensitive stomach line. For a 3 ounce can they get $1.50 for 1 can. It’s pricy but she likes it so I bought 4 of each. I found a new flavor and grabbed 2 cans of that, if she likes it then I will get her more next week.
After I grabbed her food, I hit up White Castle. The way I went I found the damn road was closed I had to turn around. I jumped a curb but did it at a very low speed. Well that curb did some sidewall damage to my tire and also damaged my wheel. Shit just isn’t built like it used to be. I was upset about it but now that I know I will never, ever come in contact with a curb again. The damage is minor and cosmetic. However, if you talk to a tire person you will find out there is no such thing as minor sidewall damage. You need a new tire and that is the right thing to do. It’s risky to roll around on a tire with sidewall damage. I’ve fucking spent enough money on tires and right now I am just taking my chances, at least for now. It’s holding pressure and it was a tiny piece of rubber that came off the side. In my book it’s nothing major. I actually found a company that sells a patch kit for sidewall damage on Amazon but I didn’t buy it. I wish the black cloud that follows me would leave.
The new car wash was interesting. No paper receipt they offered to text a receipt to me but I skipped that. My vehicle is cleaner but it by no means was a perfect wash in my book. It took about 5 minutes. I will probably go back there just because of how well it did and the cost. Top wash went for $14 whereas you can easily spent that and more at other washes in the area, they all average out to be about the same experience.
I found that there is a small branch resting on top of the house by the blocked gutter in the front. I’ve prepared myself and plan to climb on the ladder early tomorrow morning to go gutter cleaning. Not fun but hey I’ve got nothing else going. It’s best to start early when it’s cool out because it starts to really cook as the day progresses. When I say early I’m talking like 7a or 8a, nothing past that. If all goes well I will be able to put in the gutter guard mesh I bought and perhaps this will be the last time I am up on a ladder for this task. It will kind of depend on my energy level. I really need to cover the whole house but I really only concentrate on the gutter in the front and the gutters in the back. The front one is the real bitch to get to. I want to also hook up my house wash stuff but I might be trying to cram too much into the morning. That may have to wait for another day. Thus far all quiet for on-call and I think it will stay that way. I want to see the new Top Gun movie but I am waiting to not be on call before I under take that. Let the popularity of the movie die down some so there will be less people when I go.
When I am done with whatever it is I am doing outside. I plan to come in, take a shower and cool off. Probably nap a little bit. Then need to get the laundry going and all of my chores will be done.
COVID in the area is spiking once again, not a complete surprise but most people I think are over it and just say fuck it and take the risk. I don’t want it again. I am probably going to get the 3rd shot in the next couple weeks. I don’t really want to do it but I think it’s my best protection and way to stay safe. That along with limiting where I go, which is partially why I only venture into the office 1 day a week.
No invite, text or email from my thanksgiving friends. I know that Memorial Day is difficult because their son died in the Iraq War. It was a helicopter accident. That forever changed them and we weren’t really close back then. We used to get together, have a small meal and chat for a bit. Nothing terribly special but the invite would always come the day before the holiday at the last possible minute. I think perhaps since I had COVID they are afraid of me now. Plus I also think our friendship is dying a slow death, not exactly sure why. I’ve always been the one to reach out but when I don’t they get upset when we next see each other. The last I checked the phone lines run in both directions. The burden shouldn’t be on one party to call the other party. Both parties should be free to call whenever. I don’t bother because I get rushed off the phone, I either call at a bad time or there is always something going on and it just feels to me like they no longer care, at least that is the vibe that I detect. Maybe I am wrong but a true friend exhibits different behaviors in my experience.
Well I need to get my meds, wind down for the night and prepare for what lies ahead tomorrow. I also have to go into the office on Tuesday and that won’t sit terribly well with Gator but it is for the best that I go in.
Payday is Tuesday but all of my money is in the bank, I do enjoy early payday’s, even if it’s all going to vanish in a couple days. Easy come, easy go.
Stay cool, be well and hopefully you will be able to enjoy some good food. I’ve got a BBQ Dinner from the store and I plan to have that tomorrow for my supper. Tuesday it will be back to TV Dinners, yuk. Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment