It’s once again Monday, ugh! Gator woke me up just as I was starting to fall asleep. That messed up my rhythm and I had to stay up for another hour before I could go to bed. I wound up removing her from my room. I wasn’t pleased about having to do that but I needed to ensure that I slept. In that hour I was up I plugged in my headphones to the Roku Remote and watched YouTube videos until the internet went out. Apparently there was scheduled maintenance that my ISP was doing which I knew nothing about. Not terribly happy but then again most people aren’t using the internet at 11:30p on a Sunday. The batteries were going in the remote so I had to hurry up and turn the TV off or big ears would be at my door asking to come in. That also meant that I couldn’t use my Alexa for White Noise so I turned on the air purifier which helped. Finally back to sleep.
6a I woke up and my bladder was about to explode. I opened my door and there she was sitting at the top of the steps waiting on me. She was staring into space since I wasn’t supposed to be up but as soon as I said something to her, she sprang back to reality and started begging me for breakfast. I fed her and then went back to bed for an hour. I went back to sleep but it was pretty quick and then I was up before the alarm went off. Climbed out of bed for good and started to venture to the kitchen for my breakfast. As I was eating Gator started making noise. I finished up eating and then went to feed her the left overs from her 6a meal. She ate them with no problem.
Once that was done I was finally able to get dressed and then get moving. I made it to the basement by 7:30a but with poking around into other things before I started I signed in 2 minutes later than I wanted to. It’s okay boss man is away today and were all having a great day. Imagine that. No meetings, calls or bullshit to deal with. However, it’s only a temporary break and then it’s back to reality tomorrow. Looks like I didn’t miss a whole lot being out only 2 days but it’s always a gamble when you take time off. Sure hope for the same luck next month when I do it all over again.
My allergies are on fire and I really don’t want to go in tomorrow but most likely I will. I just take a Claritin on top of all of the other stuff I already take and that usually does the trick to lock things down. My thirst goes way up but I can deal with that. I wish my allergies would leave me forever but I don’t foresee that happening, had them since I was a teenager and that’s a long time.
Snack time rolled around I went up to get Gator something and she was eager to eat again. She even drank a bit of water. I did give her a 1/2 dose of fluids last night but only because she wouldn’t sit still and I had to poke her twice. I thought I had a full dose in but when I looked closer at the bag it said 1/2 so that’s what I went with.
Stepped outside for a quick minutes to trim a vine that is growing. It tries to attach it’s self to any and everything. I trim it back once and that usually does the trick for the year but I still keep an eye on it. It was encroaching on the evergreen I am trying to bring back to life and if I permitted that, what is left of the evergreen would die for sure. I still don’t think the evergreen has much of a chance but I am still hoping and trying. I do not have a green thumb. It’s really nice here today it was 70 degrees exactly when I was outside, the sun was shining and it was peaceful outside. Kind of wished that I could stay outside all day long.
Back inside I had a snack of my own. Nature Valley makes soft Oatmeal Squares just like Quaker. They are good but not nearly as good as Quaker because those had real fruit filling in them. Nature Valley’s are just flavored but still good. I had that and a Diet Coke, which an hour later I am still sipping on.
Fired up one of my personal laptops last night to get some updates on it. I am thinking of leaving my company laptop at the office and just using my personal equipment when I work from home. The displays on my laptop & desktop are far better than anything work provides. Plus it won’t be long before my work laptop lease is up and then it will be time for a new machine. I don’t know if I want to keep a laptop. I am thinking about giving it up but it will be a little bit before I need to make that decision.
I had Burnt Ends last night for the first time. They were okay, not my favorite thing to eat but not bad. Then I find out today is National BBQ Day. How about that for timing. Tonight will be left over pizza.
I checked out a dating website yesterday afternoon out of sheer boredom. I had no profile and no picture up but a guy started hitting on me right away. I did see a guy that looked appealing who was younger and said in his profile that he didn’t care about age difference. I guess there are younger guys who want older guys just as much as this older guy wants a younger guy. I personally think it’s a great combo because you compliment each other, what one doesn’t know chances are the other one does. I realize that not everyone will see it my way.
Learned that COVID cases are on the rise in the area and that is not a terrible surprise. I do plan to talk with my doctor next month to see what his thoughts are on me dating and if it’s safe enough. I am sure he will also tell me that I need to get my 3rd COVID shot which I have put off. He may even say to get the 4th one as well. I am just not an eager beaver when it comes to getting poked or stuck and then there are the side effects of the shot it’s self which for me is just sheer exhaustion but that doesn’t fully set in until the day after. If they could give me the shot in the ass then I would feel a little better about it but not much. Never been a needle fan and don’t think I ever will. I do like the way IV drugs work quicker but that’s about the extent of it.
It’s coming up on lunch time. Got a store sub sandwich to cut into and some Cheese Its to eat. Not terribly hungry though. More tired than anything but I need to try to stay awake so that I will sleep tonight. Plus I kind of hate going up in fear that I will wake the furry monster and she will be asking for food. It’s peaceful down here but I can’t stay in the basement forever.
That’s my Monday thus far and if things continue at this rate, it won’t be a bad day but might be a long day. The kick off to summer – Memorial Day is around the corner. I like summer for the skin that the boys/guys show it’s nice. Not a fan of hot temperatures. A day like today where it’s 70 is perfect enough for me. If summer consisted of that kind of temperature it would be fine by me. However, who am I in the grand scheme of Mother Nature. No one, so weather is going to do what it’s going to do. Just have to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts and then we will move into the oven.
Hope your having a nice day. Thanks for stopping by, take care and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment