21 May 2022

Love me some Facebook

I found a series on HBO Max about George Carlin, what I am watching is Part 2 as that is what was advertised when I was browsing. It’s interesting thus far and has provided me with some new insight about the late comedian. He truly was a funny guy and has made me laugh a lot, which is not an easy task to accomplish.

Gator had her yowling fits last night and had me up and down a few times. I fed her this morning somewhere between 6a-7a and then went back to bed for a bit. I woke up around 8:30a and I had breakfast and she got another breakfast. She returned to her bed to sleep. I went back to continue to watch the aforementioned series on George Carlin. I eventually got sleepy and went back to bed. It was a rainy overcast day and perfect for sleeping in. Gator started in shortly after I laid down, which always seems to be the case. If it’s not her then it’s my phone. In any case I put one of her left-over dishes in front of her face and closed the door. I had no idea that I was going into a food coma. I woke up at 1p. When I came out of my room my focus was on Gator. She was hiding in a new spot but we crossed paths and I was sure to get some lunch down for her. I had something as well.

We both returned to my room and watched a Tech Podcast. She passed out in my lap but I was wide awake. I had my phone off overnight, which isn’t something I do regularly but it is quite refreshing. When I turned it on all sorts of stuff just came pouring through. I had fraud alerts from a credit card because my Sam’s Club membership auto renewed and they weren’t used to that. I got that cleared up and then combed through everything else that was really much of nothing.

The rain started up again so I was glad I was indoors. I had to push myself to get going around 3p. Hit up the post office, cat food store and then went to Cracker Barrel for lupper, which is a combination of Lunch and Supper. It took a while to get waited on but I was seated pretty fast. Saw a fair number of cute guys. Had the catfish, grilled and asked them to go light on the spicy seasoning. They didn’t exactly listen but I got some tartar sauce and made the best of it. My waitress said they could make it over if I wanted it. I thought to myself, you saw it when it came out of the kitchen and knew it wasn’t right but you still served it to me, why on earth would I wait even longer for a meal that is right in front of me. Common sense just isn’t so common anymore. I think she should have asked them to remake it right away before she ever brought it to me and I knew there was a problem. They tried to sell me desert but I resisted that, I’ve got plenty of sweets here to munch on.

Drove home and it was spitting rain here and there. It would start then stop. Once I got closer to home it started to pour. I came in and got settled. I noticed what I thought and turned out to be a check in the mail from a Facebook Class Action Suit. I wanted to open that at the post office but I thought whatever it is, won’t change wait until you get home. Holy cow I’ve never in my life received so much money from a class action settlement. It was just a few dollars shy of $400, I sure do love me some Facebook now! I plan to tuck that away into savings but I am sure that Karma somehow will cause me to spend it, but at least I have it to spend. Class Action Settlement’s normally only yield a small dollar amount but if my memory serves correct this took years to hammer out. I don’t know about you but I join them when I am eligible and then forget about them. Then the check finally comes and it’s a surprise, just not usually as nice of a surprise as this one was.

That’s my Saturday in a nut shell. I am waiting on the laundry to finish drying and then it will be back upstairs to be with the old lady and clean up after her. We will continue watching TV and eventually fall asleep.

Sunday will be grocery shopping and doing some minor cleaning inside, relaxing and watching TV occupies a large part of the agenda for the day. I unfortunately have to sort out my medications again, I do it 3 weeks at a time but it seems like 3 weeks goes by in a flash. It is always on target with being on-call and Monday it is my turn again and I am sure it will be a hell of a week. I don’t get rid of it until next Tuesday but normally nothing happens on weekends or holidays but that is not always true and you have to be ready just in case. However, most of us just go on with our lives until there is an alert. I typically like to stick close to home and don’t venture out too far, just in case.

Not sure if you have seen the advertisement or trailer for the new Top Gun but I am interested in seeing that, even if it’s in Theaters only. I think if you see it in the right environment, it will be quite immersive and enjoyable. I’ve got my eye out. I heard the other day that if you dine at Applebee’s they will give you a coupon to redeem for 1 free ticket. That almost makes it worth eating their food for the free ticket. I’ve yet to stop in though and most likely won’t. I don’t mind buying my own ticket. It would be nice to go with someone but it’s also enjoyable to do somethings by yourself.

Finally, the latest on my rash. I noticed some crust on my neck last night which I picked off, not exactly sure what that was all about. I am still broken out but it no longer itches. I threw in my pillow cases into the laundry for good measure. I plan to clean my jewelry tomorrow with just plain water. It sounds like I am out of the woods but I will feel more comfortable once all of the rash is gone. I plan to shave tomorrow evening so that might turn out to be interesting but I will be using a fresh blade.

Happy Saturday – hope you got to enjoy it and have some fun as well as relax. Bye for now!

No comments: