30 May 2022

Mission Accomplished

Gutters in the front of the house have been cleaned.  I put in the old gutter guard from the original owners, it’s kind of similar to what I purchased.  I got the leaf blower out to do some minor cleanup afterwards.  I was exhausted.  Wrestling with ladders, got my arm stuck in the adjustable ladder but figured out how to free myself.  That really hurt. 

As I suspected there was a large build up of crap in the gutters.  I found sticks on the roof and used a push broom to help get them closer to me so I could throw them in the yard. 

I really wanted to get to the back gutters and do the house wash thing but I figured quit while you are a head.  I was already huffing and puffing and that was after an hours worth of work. 

I came in side, took off all of my clothes.  Had a Bubbly Raspberry water, which I figured I would hate and I do.  No carbonated water regardless of the flavor is appealing to me.  Soda different story.  Not sure what I will do with the small pack of water I purchased but I know Gator can’t drink it and I don’t enjoy it. 

Got in a shower after I was able to catch my breath.  Then retired to my room for a while.  Watched The Accountant on HBO Max.  It was quite interesting.  Squeezed in a brief nap afterward.  Got up, had a light lunch.  Grabbed the laundry and hit the basement. 

I have had a pile of old owners manuals on the floor in my office from when I went looking for an owners manual for something, can’t remember what.  Just got that cleaned up.  All of the old purchased I made.  I even found the $98 receipt for my first cell phone from Circuit City, which is now out of business.  Lots of other electronics like a car alarm and stereo system I purchased for a car that has been gone for years.  I dropped $600 for both of those.  Back then I was living on credit, making minimum payments and didn’t understand how one day it would all come crashing down.  I figured I hit the lottery of life and with a large credit limit it was no problem.  Thank God I got rescued out of that and am living much more financially responsible today. 

I’ve got a mountain of bills that I have paid to file away.  I am seriously thinking of converting to paperless for everything.  Having paper records at home is convenient but I don’t really refer to them that often.  Most every creditor will store them on their website so if you need to go back you can and it’s easier digitally.  The only thing I really need to print out and keep are bank statements and I put all of those in a binder so it’s kept neat and tidy. 

I took a closer look at my tire in the sunshine and it’s minor damage and I really don’t think anything to be concerned with.  Oddly enough this is the same tire that I curbed a year ago around my birthday, but I was moving much faster and forced to take evasive action in order to avoid a collision.  That poor tire had serious damage and I was really worried about driving on it.  I am not as worried about driving on the present tire.  Like I said a small piece of rubber came off the side it’s thin and mostly a cosmetic defect.  I will for sure keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then all bets are off and I will pay to have it replaced.  Kind of really makes me want to jump into a new vehicle just to get away from this but that is kind of a drastic step to take. 

Looking forward to my BBQ Dinner tonight.  Still no word from the Thanksgiving Friends and I don’t believe I will hear from them at all.  They for sure do something for the 4th of July (Independence Day) so I am using that as a barometer.  Sure I could call but I am the one who always calls and I’ve grown tired of it.  Last time I called when Gator was having issues.  I left two voice mails a day apart and no return phone call still.  I’m pissed about that but whatever. 

Not really looking forward to heading back to the office tomorrow.  I’ve got plenty to do to keep me busy and hope to be able to catch up with some of my office mates and to help clear up a hostile situation that I got embroiled in last week.  It won’t all be fun and games but hell it’s one day and that should pass by pretty fast.  Then back home to be with Gator for the remainder of the week.  4 days to work and then back to the weekend. 

I’m kind of interested in the next rainfall and hope that I am at home so I can see how the clean gutters in front preform.  I am still of the opinion that the gutters for this house are undersized and need to be larger.  If there is a heavy rain they get overloaded and can’t keep up, if it’s just a basic rainstorm that is fine and they do okay.

My upper back and shoulders are quite sore.  I will be breaking out the massager and probably the foam roller before bed.  Hope that your enjoying the holiday and that all is well in your world.  I’m off to scour for porn and then deal with all of the paperwork I have that I’ve allowed to pile up here.  Switch the laundry out and once it’s done I will be back up with Gator and I am sure she will be commanding me around. 

3p local time is a national time of remembrance for the fallen military members.  Were all supposed to observe a moment of silence.  That I think is something new this year as I don’t recall it in years past.  People do often confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day. 

Take care and be well. 

No comments: