17 April 2017

Score

One good thing happened.  I managed to score a nice deal on TV & Home Phone Service with AT&T.  I went back to the plan I had before I made changes and got my Showtime back.  They threw in the cost of the receivers and HD.  My bill dropped like $30.  This deal is called ALL IN and it’s apparently a hidden special.  I worked with the Office of the President to get it.  Still just have TV & Home Phone with them.  The drop they gave me will help make up for the increase I am getting from my ISP so it all works out.  Best part is the deal is good for 2 years, so I don’t have to have this hash it out conversation again next year.  I really like that.  The downside is if I cancel it costs $180.  I am not a fan of contracts or term limits but I think this deal works to my advantage.  A penny saved is a penny you can spend some place else. 

One of the guys I work with is out today.  The Snatch I work with called in, there was some drama last week so I am guessing she is sick of her job and not ill at all.  Don’t know and don’t care, it’s bliss here.  Got a little crazy this morning trying to get back into the swing of things and we had our usual uptick for a Monday but it’s all down hill from here. 

So I had this rouge device on my WIFI.  I couldn’t figure out what it was.  I’d kick it off and it would come right back.  Decided to change up my WIFI SSID & Password.  The damn thing still came back.  So now my challenge was figuring out what it was.  Turns out it was my iPhone.  Not sure how it got a different name because I know what it’s real name is, after all I am the one who set it.  I decided to be clever and hide my SSID.  The only challenge that presents is for my car.  It can’t find a hidden network.  So I have enabled my Guest Network, which is segmented off from the rest of the network and is perfect.  I have it limited to 5 connections, you can’t go lower than that sadly.  When I get home and pull into the driveway, I’ll be testing to see if that fixed it. 

Hindsight is 20/20.  When I started labeling things last night in the router, I thought of another test I can do to check speed.  So tonight I am unplugging all of the wired devices and turning off the WIFI, then I’ll run my speed test.  I am interested to see what that yields.  There are wired devices that I just can’t drop but I am interested to see what happens.  One of them is my Magic Jack which I got for dating.  Well since the dating life hasn’t been so abundant with suitors, I will be dropping that once it expires.  Plus they tack on extra fees, it’s still cheap phone service, just money I don’t need to spend. 

Speaking of dating, I was chatting with this guy who was slow to respond.  He finally dumped me.  We never had anything real to say, we were still very much in the breaking the ice stage of things.  That is what is awkward, you find a new guy and start over and the process repeats it’s self.  It is horrible to repeat the same task over and over, it has to play out that way I have found.  If I am myself and just chat I somehow manage to scare guys away.  Don’t know what’s up with that.  I am a charming fellow and I don’t come on strong.  Apparently holding a conversation is a lost art in the dating world.  I don’t know how these people manage to function in society.  While I hope someone meaningful comes along the longer this drags on the less my hope is.  Looking forward to being a regular user.  Right now I feel as if I am a slave because I paid for a service so I have to use it or it’s a waste of money. 

A couple more hours and then it’s home to the last of the left over pizza.  I liked the place on FB and left a rave review.  They loved the PR.  Now I wish I would have put in a word about the cute guy who took care of me.  Ah, well I’ll be back for more pizza and eye candy.  Outside of my network testing, nothing special planned for tonight.  I’m on call tonight and tomorrow.  Then I will be free for a bit.  I always look forward to that. 

Hope all is well in your world.  Come back and I’ll fill you in on more of the happenings in my world.  Take care and be well.

No comments: