12 June 2016

Total Shock

 

13427783_10206367776025250_3100454567614029132_n

When I went to bed all was right with the world.  When I woke up I couldn’t say the same thing.  I can’t believe what happened in Orlando Florida.  I am even more devastated by the initial number of casualties, which is listed at 50.  I know that in the days to come that number will climb, which is even sadder. 

I think this was timed due to this being Pride month and the gunman probably figured that he stood a greater chance of taking out more people now than say a month ago or even a month from now.  That may or may not be true.  This tragedy will forever change the lives of many people.

I’ve never been to a gay nightclub or a Pride event.  I can tell you that if I would have decided to go and then this would have unfolded I probably wouldn’t want to go back, not to say I wouldn’t.  I live no where near Florida but due to the tropical climate it is one place that gay people love to flock to. 

Given the course of events with shootings not only in the work place, the movie theater and now a nightclub I think we are headed towards security checkpoints to be common place.  We will all find ourselves standing in line just to get through security.  Be it to enjoy a meal out, to go grocery shopping or even visiting the doctor.  Can you imagine this and then tack on one of those times when you have to pee.  Well there won’t be any cuts in line and chances are you will probably wind up peeing your pants. 

Lots of people say we need gun reform.  Guns don’t kill people.  People kill people.  Jack up the price of ammo, like Chris Rock said … $6k per bullet and that will solve this problem. 

America is a great country to live in.  We have liberties and freedoms that others don’t enjoy.  Many men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice so that you and I can live free.  I don’t understand why we want to turn against each other.

I do understand that there are several people, predominantly those of various religious backgrounds that despise gay people.  They think we should all be rounded up and put into a prison camp and shot. What they fail to realize is that straight people produced the gay people.  Being gay is not a choice, no matter what you hear.  I’ve said it before… who would chose to live a life where they are under constant persecution, made fun of and tortured all because of their sexual identity.  I can’t think of a single person who would chose that life for themselves.  I know that I wouldn’t.  It’s no fun and it does have lasting repercussions that stick with you through out your entire life. 

There is plenty of hate in this world and not enough love and peace.  Negativity is easy to come up with but it takes real resolve to be positive and stay that way.  Life it’s self is such a precious gift and it’s taken from us quickly.  Were all walking the earth but we all have an expiration date.  That date could be tomorrow or it could be several years from now.  Live your life as if today is your last day, do un to others as you would want them to do un to you.  These are all lessons we are taught as children but quickly forget about.  It’s sad that it takes an event like this to remind us of those lessons. 

The world will eventually come to an end, that I believe.  I also believe that as we get closer to that violence will become more common and events like this will be as common as picking up a hamburger at the local McDonald’s.  Regardless if your stupid, smart, educated or not its clear and ever present that we as humans are the problems.  The vast majority of us are law abiding and God Fearing citizens. 

My heart truly aches for the victims and their families of this senseless event.  I pray that they will be able to find comfort and that someone will be there for them to wipe away their tears and sadness. 

Peace be with you and may God Bless the United States of America.

No comments: