11 June 2016

The rest of the week

Hey there!  Been a few days since I made an entry.  Time just got away from me.  The remainder of the week was busy.  Plenty to do.  I did tell my boss how shitty the training was that I went to.  He reached out to the company and found out that I wasn’t the only one who complained.  They made him an offer but he said I want my employee trained, I’m not interested in your offer I want my employee trained.  So I’m waiting to see what happens.  I did stress that I would rather not repeat the course.  I talked with a friend of mine who is super smart and even he agrees with me that this system is complicated.  He uses it but struggles and has to reach out to support frequently.  You’d think they would make their system easier to use but apparently they don’t think that is what their customers are asking for.  I just wonder how anyone uses it at all. 

Had my weekly review and the boss is pleased with my performance.  Totally happy that I am a go getter and grabbing things and digging in, regardless if I have been trained or not.  I figure it’s better to take something and learn than to leave it and not learn.  Learning is how I will grow and excel in this job.  It’s going to take time but it’s only been a month and a half.  While I don’t feel 100% secure I am told that I should, nothing is going to happen unless my work ethic changes.  While I don’t foresee that happening, I still want to give it sometime in the hopes that I will feel more comfortable and can then commit to making that large purchase of a new vehicle.  I so look forward to that. 

Speaking of vehicles today was a busy day.  I had to get my car emissions tested, my license plates are due for renewal, I got my blood drawn, had breakfast out, picked up more pee pads for Bear at the post office.  Talked to another eye place about the glasses I want.  Got a nap in, drove to the buffet, picked up cat food and started laundry.  It’s been a very busy but productive day.  Just what I had in mind.  I am trying to talk myself into driving the truck more on a daily basis but I saw by my trip today that it would be more expensive.  However, it would keep the miles off of my car.  The truck has many more miles and a higher chance of breaking down.  Then there is the matter of the wheel bearing that needs to be fixed.  I honestly just want to get my moneys worth out of it and really not interested in sinking more money into it.  It’s fun to drive in that I get to sit up higher and can see better.  However, it also reminds me of my late partner and the many trips we took in it – good times and bad.  Another reason why I want something brand new – it’s like a fresh start and I will be doing it all on my own.  When the time comes it will be another first experience and something that I will be proud of and equally as scared at the same time. 

My furry children are doing good, not to jinx anything.  Bear is really going through the pee pads.  I told him I would much rather pay for pee pads than to pay a vet bill and be overcome with worry.  He does still worry me as they all do.  On the way to the buffet I did stop and look at a house.  I am not interested in moving right now but there is another place that my late partner always wanted to live, it’s a really nice neighborhood but it’s filled with modular houses.  That is what he really wanted but our county was against them, we bought our house and presto a year later modular houses were popping up.  They are actually better constructed than a stick built home and are way more energy efficient.  The draw back is they have no basement.  They all look like regular houses and you can’t tell they are built in a factory and put together onsite.  They are just super nice. 

Speaking of houses, my co-worker that I gave the AC to last year, well earlier this year she went to open her window and the AC fell out.  Of course that broke it.  She didn’t go to test it but went to turn it on the other day and it was done for.  I found out yesterday and while I wasn’t pleased because it was a gift, at the same time it was a gift so it was hers to do with as she saw fit.  You can help people but you can’t save them from themselves. 

Still watching the mail and waiting to hear about that credit card.  You would think they would have reached out to me by now but nope.  I still call the 800 # and their system still has no record of me.  Given what they said I should hopefully be hearing from them next week or so I hope.  I could just as easily pickup the phone call their customer service department and have them search to see if they can find an account for me or know anything about my application but that would ruin the surprise factor.  I am ready to do it though. 

Nothing terribly exciting going on the usual, wash, rinse and repeat or as I say it WES (Work Eat Sleep).  Too bad I’m not actually talking about a guy named Wes.  Still looking through the apps at guys hoping to make a connection.  I did some checking for our LGBT Center and it’s closed for good.  Last year they were moving, guess that didn’t work out so well.  Then I checked into the Secret Society my former therapist told me about.  It’s a group called Prime Timers.  They upped their dues and I remembered why I want to avoid them like the plague.  Just not my cup of tea.

Now that things seem to be falling into place for me, you’d think that the icing on the cake would fall into place as well.  By that I mean that I would meet someone.  Would be nice if that happens soon, but all I can do is keep on trying.  Eventually just like looking for a job, looking for a partner the law of averages has to tilt in your favor eventually.  The only regret I have is that I don’t have more true friends.  I really think that would help me not only in finding a new partner but in life in general.  I mean who has way too many friends?  It’s just not a complaint that people voice. 

Well off to medicate the children and myself.  Then to watch TV until I pass out.  Wake up go grab breakfast and hit up the grocery store.  Then home to put all of the groceries away, and clean the house.  Try to relax a bit before Monday rolls back around.  New guy starts Monday, that is my replacement for my old job.  Look forward to meeting him and hope that he is easy to work with.  I’ll give him the secret to the sauce, I just hope like hell he doesn’t screw it up.  I know that some people are still going to gravitate towards me and while I don’t mind helping them now that there is a replacement I don’t want to overstep and do someone else's job.  It’s nice to be needed and wanted though. 

Happy weekend everyone.  Talk with you again soon. As usual I hope all is well in your world. 

No comments: