04 June 2016

Pride 2016

Wow were already in June!  It’s time for Pride Month!  I’ve never been to a pride event and right now I don’t expect that to change this year.  I am sure that eventually I will make it to one but it’s just not top on my list.  Lots of people like to go and I hear it’s a good time.  Going alone to an event like that doesn’t sound like fun to me.  It sounds like temptation and torture.  I don’t need either.

I keep seeing my late partner in my dreams.  It’s like were both alive and things are back to the way they used to be.  It’s enjoyable and fun until I wake up and get a fresh dose of reality.  It doesn’t hurt as bad as it used to but I can’t say that it’s pain free.  I was feeling kind of lonely today.

I have a couple knots in my back left over from my massage on Thursday.  I’ve been using ice and a massager that I have to try to get them out.  They are shrinking but not fast enough for me.  I would just as soon they go away.  I did some quick reading on my iPhone and it appears that knots in the upper back are common.  There are a variety of ways to treat them everything from exercise, stretching, massage and hot & cold therapy.  It could always be worse.  Hopefully I will get them worked out before Monday is here. 

Today I got to sleep in, woke up to fetch the mail.  I stopped last night hoping that my order for blood work would be there, but it wasn’t.  It arrived today but I had already eaten breakfast.  Looks like I have a task for next Saturday.  I have a date that will involve a small prick.  Bad I know but hey I had to say it.  Anyways back on track.  I came home and laid down with my ice pack and watched a movie on Netflix called The Do Over.  It’s got Adam Sandler in it.  Not bad, not drop dead funny but not bad.  Then I took a nap.  Woke up by 3p fed the children.  Got dressed and ventured out for some pizza.  I tried to recreate one of my favorite pizzas from a place that is now out of business.  I ordered the same toppings but it just didn’t taste the same.  The sauce was off, they didn’t have any cheddar cheese and it was a tad on the salty side.  I consumed a good majority of it but managed to save some to take home. 

Came back home and started to play with the computer, get finances in order and deposit a check I got in the mail.  Then reprogrammed my scanner, still not getting what I want but I am working on it.  At least I still am able to receive the local channels that interest me.  Just missing one municipality.  Started laundry.  Plaid with the children.  I got the fishing pole out with the ball on the end of it.  Bear had a great time.  I managed to entertain Marv and Insty as well.  Then I got tired so I tempted them with the word treats.  Man they were eager to shift gears and so was I.  They did work up an appetite.  I still have yet to muster up the courage to trim Ruth’s claws.  Then I ventured out for cat food, nice sale this weekend 15% off, plus they lowered the price of the food by a few pennies and I had another coupon that gave me $1 off.  I’ve got enough food for 2 weeks but that is normal, I still go every week.  If there is a financial or physical problem that prevents me from going 1 week I at least have enough to get through the next week.  Plus they are all so picky I have to keep a wide variety of food in stock.

Been sitting down here at the old computer and my head itches like crazy.  I normally skip a shower on Saturday and get one on Sunday.  I think this weekend I am making an exception and going to break out the Tea Tree Shampoo and jump in the shower.  Oh, I used the mask on Thursday night and I saw a minor difference on Friday morning.  I thought by mask they meant facial but no it’s a cream you put on before bed, it absorbs in your face to moisturize and rejuvenate your face.  I’ll try most anything once, I will keep using the small jar until it’s empty.  Undecided if I will order more.

There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING on television.  Nextflix, Amazon and Dekkoo are all a bust for me.  I am so bored and really want to watch something good.  Thankfully John Oliver will be back on tomorrow night.  I will need to turn in early but will probably watch his show as it is always entertaining.  Monday will be a rise and shine early day.  Same for Tuesday.  Looking forward to putting this training class behind me.  It’s a complicated product/service and my co-workers don’t like it nor do I think they fully understand it.  I know I don’t but then again that is why I am going to training. 

Within the last week or so I posted about how a particular bank reached out to me to verify my identify to reconsider a credit application.  Well I got another call from them and they wanted to do the same damn thing all over again.  This time they asked for my cell phone number and sent me a text message.  They asked me to read the code back to them over the phone.  Now how does that prove my identity?  It proves that I gave you a valid cell phone number and that’s it.  It could belong to King Kong but you won’t know that.  I found the whole thing as odd.  I did my research before I returned the call and based on my research before reaching out.  The reference number I was asked to provide from the voice mail matched up to the letter I got, so I believe it’s all legit.  I got the same response that my identity was verified and that I would either receive the card or a letter within 1 to 2 weeks.  Yeah well I’ll believe it when I see it.  I just know that I’m not verifying my identity a third time without asking questions.  It can’t be that hard to make a decision either your going to send me a card or your not, lets get it over with.  We all know how I feel about waiting. 

Tomorrow will be grocery store day.  Going back to the new place that I was at last week.  Going to order Biscuits and Gravy with 3 scrambled eggs on top and a diet soda.  That will be my power breakfast to hopefully get me through the grocery store.  Not sure about lunch/supper but hopefully I find something appealing at the grocery store.  Really don’t want to go out but I will if I don’t have any options.  I’m hungry right now so that left over pizza might just be wiped out. 

Lastly an eye glass update.  I got a call this week from the eye doc that the frames I inquired about didn’t come in a more blue color.  They asked me to stop by and take a look or let them know if there was something else that I wanted them to order.  I had sent an email last weekend with 2 pairs of Nike frames that I wanted them to order in.  They are blue but outside of that no where near the match of Kennedy from CF.  I really want a pair like his but we can’t always have what we want.  I’d like an Audi or a BMW as well and I know that those are both out of my reach and the realm of possibilities.  This is a simple pair of eye glasses which should be within reach but because I can’t get the information on the specific make and model of the frame I am out of luck. What a shame.  I called the doc back and left a voice mail letting them know to check their email and let me know when they get them in.  I would be happy to stop by.  I realized there is a larger eye glass provider in the area, if my eye doc fails and I don’t hear from them within the next couple weeks I will go to the larger provider with the same photo and see if they can match up the frame.  They can get my Rx from my present doc to get the glasses ordered.  This isn’t rocket science it’s eye glasses.

I did something that I deeply regret.  I trimmed my eye lashes on my right eye.  They are facing the wrong way and were starting to get junk clogged in them.  My vision was blurry and I got tired of it.  Well the trim part went well.  I regret it because when I put in eye drops they sting like a SOB.  I am thinking of investing in an eye lash curler but that looks dangerous, almost like you need someone to help you.  My other alternative is to have plastic surgery but that doesn’t sound like something I want to do.  It would be a simple in and out procedure but I would have to go see another doctor, have the procedure done at a hospital and go under general anesthesia.  It would involve a few days off work and I really don’t want to do that right now, not to mention what it would cost.  Who knows if insurance would even cover it?  I mean it’s elective surgery but it’s to fix a problem that I was born with. 

Well my towel is dry so I am headed up stairs to get that shower and probably wipe out the left over pizza.  Let’s hope that I can find something of entertainment on TV and that I can also get to sleep before 2am. 

Life overall is going well.  It’s lonely and painful but I am still doing well.  Need to find a boyfriend so that I can start a new chapter of my life.  I am pleased with my accomplishments thus far and hope that with time I will continue to make great strides.  Hope all is well in your world and that the sun is shining bright.  You’ve read this far, might as well leave a comment.  Feel free to ask questions, comments are moderated, meaning that I have to approve them so they are not instantly published.  In other words, you’ve got some privacy here I won’t publish anything that I am asked to keep private. Okay to the showers!

No comments: