19 April 2016

The News I have been waiting for

Well it’s official, I have the new job.  I got a decent offer it’s not what I asked for but it is more than I am making now and it will be the most money I have made in my entire life.  Finally after all of the bad something good has finally happened.  I am numb.  There is fear of the unknown but that comes with any new job.  I really don’t know my new manager that well.  The manager I have today is awesome and we are very close.  I will miss her.

It’s tough to keep it quiet but I have to.  I was able to tell a few people but the rest of my team won’t know until tomorrow.  I don’t know when everyone else will be told but I know it will sadden a lot of people because I won’t be their support person.  They are going to hire a replacement for my position so that is a good thing.  I hope that it is someone that is as responsible and responsive as I am, otherwise they won’t be a good fit.

Privacy and confidentiality are roles that come with my new job.  I am eager to get started but also a little nervous.  There is a lot of training and it’s going to take a while to get up to speed.  I found out that from the looks of things I won’t be moving and will still maintain my same cube but that is kind of a curse because everyone is used to coming to my desk and I will have to point them in another direction.  I also really wanted an office but hey it’s not the end of the world. 

I am sure everything will work out fine and my nerves will settle down, it’s just going to take time.  The real discipline will come to the extra money in my paycheck.  I have to force myself to save it and not spend it.  Even though I have spent some of it with my retail therapy.  Thankfully I didn’t go hog wild and buy a new car.  But that is my goal, get comfortable and once everything is going well I plan on getting that new car, it will be bitter sweet, just like the change in positions.

I really wish that I could tell my late partner the good news but some how I think he already knows.  It just sucks that I can see the facial reaction and get a hug from him.  Well it’s going to be a long night I have to call a couple of friends and let them know the good news.  Hopefully my one friend won’t keep yacking forever. 

Hope that all is well in your world and we shall talk again soon.   

1 comment:

Jude said...

Congratulations!! :)