05 April 2016

Aches & Pains

The pain in my neck and right shoulder is still present.  When I woke up this morning it was quite the challenge to get out of bed.  The longer I was up the more I realized I needed to go back to bed.  Not exactly what I wanted to do but I had to obey my body.  I called in took a pain pill and went back to bed.  Woke up around 10a then sat at watched TV.  I have developed quite the obsession for A&W Diet Root Beer.  It’s got to be ice cold.  Anyway, I got drowsy and decided that I would go back to my room and rest in my chair since getting up from a lying position was so difficult. 

I sat down and quickly entered a coma state.  I had some wicked dreams.  Eventually around 2p I woke up.  Realizing that I still had some time I called the car dealer and asked if I could bring my car down for an oil change.  Sure thing.  I figured 2 birds one stone.  Besides that I was planning on taking off next month to have it done.  I always seem to get my oil changed early, which helps with the longevity of the car. 

Stopped off to pick up the mail.  Then came home and had BBQ and a soda.  Fed the children and watched some TV.  Came downstairs to fill out some paperwork and get it faxed off.  Making my blog entry and then it will be time to climb the stairs and try to stay awake.  I just hope that I get a good nights rest.  I have every intention of returning to work tomorrow.  I am not happy that I took today but sometimes you just have to rest. 

Still chatting with a guy on one of the dating apps.  I don’t really have an interest in him but it is nice to talk.  That’s not to say something won’t develop.  He sends me good morning messages every day and well that is getting kind of old.  I don’t want to hurt his feelings but I know at some point I probably will.

Thinking about my 2nd interview later this week.  Kind of nervous and I am sure my nerves will play an even bigger part when we get down to the actual event.  I know it will be over with as fast as it starts.  I just have to remember to breathe and everything will be fine. 

Okay back upstairs for this guy, having another soda after I clean up after the kids and then finding some ice for my back and neck.  I’ve done heat with very little results, hopefully ice will do the trick.  Learned a hard lesson last night, don’t stick your finger in your nose if you have even the slightest amount of Ben Gay on it.  Wow that will open your nostril in a hurry.  Might tuck that one away for the next time I am congested. 

Hope all is well in your world.

No comments: