I hope all is well in your world. Mine had a rather unfortunate turn of events. Friday was a normal day and I had many plans for the weekend. I started with my celebratory Lasagna and added copious amounts of cheese. I had a late lunch but still felt the need to carry on as normal. I stayed upstairs for the evening and watched TV with the kids, as I usually do on Friday. Then I felt a little acid kick up, I thought a small amount of Egg Nog will cure this. Perhaps under normal circumstances it would have. Little did I know that I had a volcano brewing inside me and that I had accidentally poisoned myself, but I would figure that out in the hours ahead.
I had problems falling asleep, despite taking my sleeping medicine. I had to use the bathroom which was unusual, the water works started. Over the course of the next hour things went from bad to worse. I had fluid coming out of both ends simultaneously, which I can’t recall ever happening before. Thankfully the bathtub was close by. I knew it was the Lasagna and I knew I added way too much cheese, why? Because I tasted it coming back up. From there I began to get weak, my blood pressure dropping and chills kicking in. I thought for sure I would pass out and die. I sat as long as I could and eventually braved the strength to stand. I felt the world spinning. I headed for bed after cleaning myself up and rinsing out my mouth. I fell into what was a coma like state but I would wake several times, I started watching the time I knew I had a haircut appointment. Eventually I figured it out that there was no getting out of bed and I would be missing that appointment. I had every intention of calling to cancel but my body was in recovery mode.
When I woke up I felt like crap, as you can well imagine. I was still cold and felt like I was going to pass out. I didn’t know what to do – what I should eat or even try to eat. I started munching on potato chips it’s around 2p. I also drank a soda. Neither was good for me, but I didn’t know that at the time. So it was a series of bad decisions that only got worse. I knew that I was dehydrated, my ribs were hurting from all of the heaving. I gave serious thought to calling for an ambulance but thought that I could make it on my own, just a couple more hours sleep. So back to bed. I fell back into the coma like state. I was thankful that the electric blanket was on the bed, I turned it up and snuggled next to Marv. I woke up a couple hours later. I felt slightly better. At this point I decided to get up and head to the living room.
I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat on the couch, trying to find something entertaining to watch. I eventually fell asleep but only for a short period of time. I drank several bottles of water. This isn’t the way I planned my weekend, it had been the week from hell to start with and this was not the finish that I wanted. Still I had to play the hand I was given. The plan of attack was to veg out on Saturday, just be lazy and take the entire day to recover. I had turned off my iPhone Friday night before this event unfolded and I didn’t turn it back on until Sunday evening. This was the longest technology break that I had taken in quite sometime. I didn’t think about Twitter, Facebook, Dating Apps, Email or anything else. I just wanted to either die or get better.
As you can well imagine the house looked like crap, litter boxes not cleaned out, Bear needed a bath but it was like they understood. I had a hell of a time feeding them without puking my guts out. They were happy that I was alive enough to get them food. Sunday soon came and I began to feel more improvement. I was able to consume a breakfast sandwich and a soda, kept it all down. I also took anti-diarrhea medicine, which as I found out wasn’t the best of ideas. I needed to keep that avenue open for my body to purge any additional toxins that were in my system despite it being unpleasant.
I don’t know why but I suddenly developed this craving for McDonald’s. I knew it wasn’t smart but I still catered to my body and ventured out around 5p to fetch a Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese and French Fries. It was delicious but far from what I needed. It stayed down. That is when I knew I was going to make it. However, as per usual when I acquire diarrhea and take medicine to treat it, I get sick as in a sinus infection. That is what is brewing now. I still feel bad, have a bit of a fever. I was on line briefly last night to tell everyone that I wouldn’t be in and why. I know that was the right move to make. So thankful that I have the time.
Today being Monday, I woke up and decided to clean up the house, feed the children and eat some breakfast. Then I would rest for a bit and get shaved & showered. I had a few errands to run. Made it to the post office, gas station, cat food store, a restaurant for a small soup & sandwich lunch, the upscale grocery store. Then I came home put everything away and promptly collapsed on the couch. I fell asleep again not for long but I knew I was out.
Supper consisted of two plain frozen pretzels, it’s just dough and I really wanted bread. I wasn’t thinking the best and being in a different store I passed up quite a few things that I could have used. One of the most important things that I got was Gatorade, I know it’s bad for my blood sugar but it will help with rehydrating me. At this point I would say I am 90% better. I just need a little bit more strength and stamina.
I got an email from work today that there is a seminar taking place on Thursday and there would be a practice run tomorrow. Yeah uh I don’t think I will be thee for that. I could easily stay out and not come back until Thursday, but my plans are to return on Wednesday. I still have laundry to do, it’s not like I don’t have clean clothes but still I can use the rest. Hopefully this fever will pass and I will be even fresher when I return. I feel a little guilty for staying home but not much, after all I have time to take so I don’t foresee it as a problem.
My other plans for the weekend included going to the movies and getting a haircut. I may venture out for the haircut but the movies will wait until the weekend, after all I will need something to do.
I feel as if I have exhausted all of my movie choices from the Premium Channels I get as well as Netflix and Amazon. However, I keep managing to find stuff to watch. Staying inside the same 4 walls does get really old, really fast. I am a little anxious to return to work to be around other people and away from the children who at every twist and turn of my body want food, treats or attention. I love them to death and am very thankful for them but I can’t say we are made to be around each other 24/7 I think we would all go crazy after a week. We will miss each other but they like I will understand that going off to work is the right move to make and staying home beyond 2 days really won’t be beneficial to anyone.
In case your wondering I didn’t purchase anymore Lasagna or cheese. I love them both but will be taking a break for a bit. They say everything in moderation and now I know why. I feel like I almost died. Which now that the events are over with make me miss my guy even more. This holiday season can’t be over fast enough for me. I did try to call a friend first for a ride home, if I would have gone to the hospital and second just to talk. I tried 3 times and all 3 times unreachable. I felt like staying put was probably the smartest and most correct decision I have made since this whole fiasco unfolded. Let’s cross our fingers and say our prayers that this is the last major issue I will have to deal with for the remainder of the year.
Now it’s back to the couch and cats. It’s about treat time. They should be starting to remind me shortly. Better that I remember on my own. Talk with you again soon.