23 February 2013

Storm II on the way

A good friend of mine suggested the movie Dutch.  I was told it would be funny and that I would really enjoy it.  I laughed my ass off.  It was hilarious.  So if you have Netflix and are in need of a good laugh or just want to watch a good movie, check it out – totally worth your time!

So yesterday I got free lunch and got to leave early.  Not bad for a Friday.  The best part is that another storm is set to hit us on Monday and Tuesday.  So two more days of potential fun.  Only this time boss man will be in town so it will be anyone's guess. 

Call me nosy, call me concerned but I am bugged to death about my neighbors.  Everyone that has ever lived in the house next door has had frequently large amounts of company.  The last guy threw parties on the weekends, but it was quiet during the week.  Last I knew we have a father/son that live there.  The dad is in a band.  The kid was going to high school.  I haven’t seen the kid in about a year if not longer.  For about the past 3 months they have had a large amount of cars parked on the street in front of our house.  At night time if you stand in our kitchen you can hear the band or should I say the bass.  I think there is something hinky going on over there but I am at a crossroads as to what to do.  People don’t talk too much in our neighborhood.  Usually when you figure our who your neighbors are they have a for sale sign in the yard and are ready to move. 

What pushed me over the line was this morning when I left I almost backed into one of the cars because they parked right in the area where I would normally backup.  Having snow on the street didn’t help any.  I was ready to go to the police to complain, not about parking but about all of the activity.  I didn’t though.  Now we have people pulling up directly in front of our house waiting outside to pick people up.  It looks creepy, sounds creepy.  I’m pretty big on being anti-drugs.  Both my partner and I suspect that something just isn’t quite right over there.  On one hand I don’t want to stick my nose in where it doesn’t belong.  On the other hand I am concerned that something illegal is happening.  I’ve let it go this long and unless we have further problems I probably will continue to monitor the situation and not react. 

I ordered a couple cases off Amazon for my Blackberry, since I have been going through a record number of Otter Boxes.  Both of the items showed up and they look cheap – like they wouldn’t even last a day on my phone.  I went back and forth but tonight I decided to try to return both of them.  It’s my bosses money but still I figure if I am not going to use them, might as well send them back.  I went over to crackberry.com and found a couple of items that would suite me better.  I’m not ordering them yet.  I figure when my next Otterbox problem happens that is probably what will send me over the edge.  I am pick on what I put my equipment into, if you know what I mean (wink).

Last week I was talking with a vendor and realized that he sounded like a hollywood star that I have a crush on.  He knew instantly who I was talking about, which I don’t think is a common thing for straight guys.  He was telling me that he looks nothing like this person and that if he did it would greatly improve his social life.  He kept talking about his roommate and I so wanted to ask him if he was gay.  Why?  I am just nosy.  Plus if he would say yes, I would come out to him.  I think it would just make our business relationship a bit more interesting.  However, being a gay guy, I think it’s kind of rude to ask that question.  We have developed a great relationship already and I don’t want to compromise what we already have.

Speaking of work, I learned that two more people have resigned.  So it happens in 3’s.  I hope we are done now.  I mean none of the people I want to quit are leaving.  It’s the people that I like and work well with that are leaving.  People that help me in my job.  I just know that there probably is more stress brewing for me in the long run. 

I was talking with a co-worker who I mentioned that we are going to have investors coming by.  She told me that usually means that they are going to sell the company.  It’s been that way for the last 3 companies she worked for and usually happened right after she left.  Yup, she is one of the people who turned in her notice.  I don’t think they would sell but then again everyone has a price.  If they do sell it could mean things get better or it could mean that I would be out of a job again.  I am keeping a serious eye on looking for another job.  I don’t just jump at anything like I had to do when I was desperate.  I am more reserved and picky now.  Especially if you find that rare ad that sound so good but they advertise pay and it’s far less than what your making.  You know that isn’t worth your time.

Big Boy woke me up in the middle of the night.  He was gagging and coughing.  I gave him a belly rub and he managed to calm down and soon things stopped.  He worries me so much.  I came across a video I made of #1 son and it just made me realize that I’m going to miss all of these furry bastards when they die.  I am closer to some of them than others but I love them all.  I so wish #1 son was back with me, he was a lot of fun.

Yup, I realize I am starting to ramble so I will close this post out.  Momma is telling me it’s time for bed, never mind that I have slept a good portion of the day away.  It’s coming up on 10pm and I should probably break away from this box and rest my eyes, since I am not wearing my glasses.  I feel the difference and it actually gives me a little bit of a headache.  So I will talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

Wow all the people leaving in your company sure makes me wonder. I hope it all stays well for you!

Funny, I need reading glasses now in my old age to read small print etc., but I cannot see my computer monitor with glasses.... I guess my vision is "perfect" that far away from my face?

Hope your Sunday is restful!