13 July 2026

Ugh–Monday

Morning … The boss is out sick today.  Here’s hoping it’s something that will keep him at bay for a while but then again I am not that lucky. 

My inbox was chocked full of email coming in at 124 messages.  A lot of which were noise or junk.  I worked through it rather quickly but it took a toll on my nerves.  Now I am trying to prepare for our interns that are leaving next Friday.  There is a bunch of information I have to gather prior to them leaving as well as dividing up who is doing what.  It’s kind of nice having an extra person to add into the mix.  However, it’s also more work because it’s another person I have to baby sit and double check to make sure the fuck up ferry doesn’t visit them. 

I’ve got part of the work done but had to take a break as it’s kind of labor intensive and makes you want to scream.  Usually I can power through it but not right now.  My brain is kind of all over the place.

Sunday, I made it out for breakfast and the usual morning errand running.  I stayed local for supper and went to a local Mexican place.  Got a great meal but the sauce they used bothers my stomach.  I was prepared ahead of time and took an anti-acid pill but still I had some issues.  Got the house cleaned and took time to relax.  It was a great day but I kept thinking about dreaded Monday.

Ordered some cat food from Amazon.  It was delivered early this morning and the lazy ass driver put it in front of the garage.  If I didn’t have cameras it would have sat there probably until Thursday when I put the trash out.  Didn’t help that they set it right in a pile of ants.  I was not happy at all. 

Then just as I got settled down stairs and was starting to work my way through my email.  Rudy decided to pick a fight with Mora and I had to go upstairs to break it up.  That wasn’t fun.  Rudy’s tail was all puffed out and I could tell he was pissed.  Mora was running around trying to duck him and nervous that I guess I would lash out at her but I petted her and told her it was okay.  Back to the basement and all has been quiet, thankfully! 

It’s past normal lunch time and I will head up soon to not only pass out lunch for the cats but to grab something for myself.  Then will head back down and keep plugging away.  Until I am done and no longer need my desktop and can change over to working from my laptop and be upstairs.  It’s much cooler down here though. 

Heard on the news this morning that starting tomorrow we will be back in another heat wave.  Oh joy, not my favorite thing but I will be indoors.  Praying the AC can keep up.  It’s done a really good job this year and the older (and fatter) that I get the more I appreciate AC, it’s one of the best things ever. 

Well time to get moving.  Hope all is well on your Monday.  Take care!

 

No comments: