Good evening!
The work day is done but I still have to get through the evening of being on-call. Largely that means nothing. Most things happen during working hours and with picking up California Offices about the time I logoff is when I get a curve ball from out West.
The boss called me today to tell me that I am getting a 3.5% raise. It’s average. I honestly expected 4% but still it is not bad. Waiting to see how exactly that works out on my paycheck. Then I will make my decision on if I am going to take it and stuff it into savings after taxes are taken out or if I am going to send it to retirement and not have taxes taken out.
We continued our conversation about my potential promotion. He called it a Supervisor position but quickly corrected himself to say Team Leader. He wanted to know how I felt about it. I told him I was fine but again I need to know what is expected of me before I commit to taking the position. He said to give him a month or two and he should have something for me. The position doesn’t exist, so he has to have it created, money allocated from the budget to fund it and then they start writing a job description. Wow sounds like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. If you think I am going to commit to a position before I know exactly what your going to try to sneak past me, you are crazy. I know the job comes with a pay raise but you don’t get extra money and not have to do extra work. However, to listen to him he framed it to say I am already doing the job just not being paid for it. Wow, that’s the story of my life. I carry a lot of weight and contribute heavily to our teams success. I am not about the team mind set. I am more about the individual mindset and making sure I get my fair shake even if you frame it as a team effort. I’d like to ask if the new position could be full time remote but I don’t think that would go over and it might cause unwanted attention either now or in the future.
Thinking about what is probably going to come to fruition made me start looking at vehicles again. Both new and used. I know what I want but haven’t gone for a test drive yet. I am either going towards sport or luxury both are at about the same price point. I really want to buy now figuring that will give me motivation to go back to the office, like I should already be doing. However, part of me says keep what you have and don’t change a thing. Promotion or not eventually I will be getting a different vehicle most likely new rather than used.
Dinner tonight was a new Chicken with cheese and ranch served over pasta dish from Stouffer’s. It’s pretty good but could use more ranch.
Last night I heard the sound that winter is coming. The cicada’s as the sunset. They just sounded off again. I told the cats that is the sound that summer will be over soon and we will move into Fall and eventually Winter. It’s kind of an annoying sound but eventually you get used to it.
Speaking of cats, trimmed one claw on Mora’s front paw. I used the same fingernail trimmer that I would use on my own nails. She had no idea what it was so she was all relaxed for a brief second. She was sitting on my chest and kept poking me as she kneaded my chest making her biscuits. Rudy came around eventually and I got him he had claws on both front paws that needed to be trimmed. I don’t like braking out or getting stuck.
Finally, I went in search of porn. I fell for some click bait from Andrew Goes Places (aka Andrew Neighbors) and joined his OF. Thinking that he had some spicier content, but it’s kind of the same old thing. Looks like he might be making a change but only time will tell and I’m only subscribed for a month, then I am done and will walk away. I know eventually my curiosity will get the best of me and I will probably go back again. I looked through other guys I subscribed to in the past and almost subscribed to a couple of them but managed to talk myself out of that. Hey I’m boy crazy and bored, not a great combo. I guess it’s better than bored and retail therapy I could have done some serious damage there.
Speaking of money I saw how much this past month cost. I really see the impact of a vet visit and a new alarm. That hurt but thankfully I was able to pay cash for all of it and keep on moving. It made a slight dent in my savings but I am still committed to tucking as much money away as I can. There is always a rainy day around the corner and it usually happens when you least expect it. The only blessing for me is that things fells apart (with the alarm and cat) while I was scheduled to be off.
Well time to wrap thing up, publish this and get ready for bed. Rudy will be asking for breakfast at the same time even though I am off. I figure I will get up and eat with them. Grab a shower and head out to grab the mail. Taking my time. Doctor is in the afternoon, looking forward to that but not looking forward to getting stuck with a needle. Here’s hoping that I can enjoy my time, be productive and have fun before the time slips away.
Talk with you all again soon. Hope that you have a great Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment