07 July 2026

Another day

Morning

Yesterday the boredom set in.  I realized how much happier I was when I didn’t have work tying me down.  I could leave and go where ever and do what ever and I felt really good.  Now that I am back in my routine it sucks.  Glad that I will get another round of freedom on Thursday. 

Speaking of Thursday, the mistake maker called off today.  He will be covering my on-call for me starting on Thursday thru Sunday.  I figure he’s resting up, even though there probably won’t be much to it.  Weekends are usually free and were not bothered for the most part. 

Mora took her last pill last night.  She fought with me over it, spitting it out once.  I gave it back to her and she took it.  I am so glad that is behind us.  Speaking of behind, hers looks pretty good from where it was.  I still worry about her and that this will reoccur but I am hopeful that is just nervous owner fear and that it doesn’t actually come to fruition.  She appears normal – eating, drinking, snacking and playing.  I got in some cuddle and brush time with her yesterday.  She really liked that. 

I had something new for lunch yesterday.  It’s Sargento’s take on Lunchables.  I had Pepperoni with Wheat Thins, Mozzarella cheese and very small amount of Gummi Bears for desert.  It was perfect and of course when I was done I wanted a second one.  Today I have Salami with Chocolate Covered Pretzels.  When I bought these the meat is what attracted me, I never even looked at the fact they came with desert.  They were priced 10 cents higher than a Lunchable but I believe they are worth it. 

Supper was store bought Spaghetti & Meatballs.  I ate half and saved the other half for tonight.  I have been busy studying the menu at the seafood place I want to return to.  I think that I will be going there on Friday but really depends on how I feel after seeing the doc on Thursday.  I’m guessing I won’t want to travel far but will want a good meal. 

As per usual my morning tasks at work are done and I am just on standby for whatever comes up.  I had a couple things crop up last night after I closed my laptop and I did that late on purpose so that I could catch any late stragglers.  Mora was after me for treats and I just gave in to her.  No sooner than I passed her treats out my phone was chirping. 

Here’s hoping that it will be a good day for all of us.  Take care!

No comments: