19 July 2026

Hot Sunday

Hello!

It’s not the good kind of hot, unless you like oppressively hot & humid weather.  It was 73 this morning when I was up at 6a.  I got moving to get to breakfast, the grocery store and topped off the gas tank before coming home.  I dropped $53 for one bag of groceries, a jug of water for the cats and a jug of milk for me.  I didn’t get a whole lot for my money. 

Picked up a birthday card for one of my Thanksgiving friends.  The price of cards is way up but then again I don’t buy them often.  I thought that was bad until I went to put a stamp on the card to mail it, wow.  Everything is just going way up in price.  Sure wish paychecks went up like that. 

Got my morning nap in.  Been watching waxing gone wrong videos on YouTube.  Now there is some interesting stuff and everyone's reaction is pretty much the same “ouch that hurts”.  I’d like to wax my nose and ears but shaving is much easier and far less painful.  Although I do have one particular ear hair that I love to grab with a pair of tweezers.  It’s quite a challenge to find it but when I do and rip it out, it feels so good. 

In case it’s not apparent, yes I am quite bored.  The cats gave me an unwanted surprise.  One of them threw up by the sliding glass door and the blinds hid it.  That did nothing but serve as food for ants.  I had ants everywhere and didn’t understand why until I peeked behind the blinds.  Jeez I wasn’t happy.  Trying to get rid of ants isn’t exactly a pleasant job but it’s totally doable.  Tackled that and got the house cleaning done. 

I came down to log expenses, get this card ready to mail and briefly surf the web.  I have laundry to pick up and then I am done with the basement until tomorrow. 

Not looking forward to another week of work but thankful that I have a job.  The boss called a meeting to talk about a tool that we just got, but there are changes needed to be made and we need to coordinate with another team for that.  He knows this but yet he wants to chew the fat about the tool.  I think he’s the tool for calling the meeting to waste our time.  Yeah, I’m not a meeting fan.  I like to keep to myself, stay low and stay off the radar.  This is going to be a busy week, particularly Friday when our interns leave.   

Count down until my next vacation and birthday stands at 6 weeks, that includes this week.  So at least there is something to look forward to. 

As for today I plan to get to the Mexican place for supper and stop at a mailbox to get the card I bought mailed.  Then it’s back home.  Rudy just came to join me as I am about ready to wrap up.  He wants to nap in my arms/lap.  He’s so cute and this doesn’t happen often enough.  I kind of feel compelled to stay here just a while longer as he gets comfy.  However, I think I am headed up.  I don’t feel the best and attribute that to the heat/humidity.  Going to hydrate and relax as the day passes me by.  Hope you all have a great Sunday.  Take care!

No comments: