21 July 2026

Back to Bed

Morning!

Yesterday I managed to do something that I was surprised at.  I stayed awake all day long, no nap or resting.  I figured it would help me sleep better.  Bed time came and I did get to sleep around my normal time (somewhere between 10 & 10:30p).  I woke up at 5a and couldn’t go back to sleep.  Of course Rudy was happy about that he thought he could do his morning dance and get some breakfast.  However, that didn’t work for him.  He soon gave up and left me.  I managed to get Mora to jump in bed with me and we cuddled for a while.  I watched TV and watched the time tick away.  I didn’t want to get out of bed but I did. 

Breakfast is done and here I am in front of the computer.  Nothing going on at work.  I really just want to go back to bed.  I had great aspirations this morning of getting a new system at work configured to do something my boss wants.  I figured out how to yesterday when he was droning on in our meeting about the system.  He was stumbling around and basically like I said wasted a half hour.  The meeting should have never happened.  Not sure what it is about managers and meetings they seem to love them.  Anyway, now that I have the time I don’t have the will.  Thankfully I sat by and kept my mouth shut so no one is expecting anything from me.  Silence can work to your advantage when you use it properly. 

Watched my neighbor cut his grass last night at his vacant house.  He tried to run over the crap he trimmed from his hedge that is sitting in his yard.  He’s got two piles going.  One from years ago and this new one that he started a couple weeks ago.  That failed and was mildly entertaining.  Kind of surprised he came back so soon to cut the grass.

Got two meetings on the agenda today, one just before lunch and one right after.  They are usual Tuesday meetings.  Since I am not on call this week, I could go lay down and relax until someone needs me and honestly it sounds quite appealing.  I know it will please both of the cats.  My back is sure missing getting massages regularly.  I’ve got some serious knots going on. 

Another day of heat & humidity on the way.  Glad that I am tucked away inside a climate controlled house.  I’ll be drinking my water and looking out the windows while working (if anything comes up).  Just waiting anxiously for quitting time to roll around.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments: