22 July 2026

Halfway there

Morning!

It’s much cooler here this morning and that is the theme for the day.  We get a couple days break before the humidity and heat come back along with some rain.  The weekend is expected to be dry, which is good. 

Today is pretty much meeting city for me with 3 of them.  2 of which are with vendors and 1 of them I expect to get heated because a vendor talked us in to purchasing a service, we bought it and then after a couple months they ceased the service.  There have been a few hot emails over it and I am sure that the meeting today is where it will all come to a head and explode.  So there is that fun to look forward to. 

My insomnia kicked in last night at 3a.  Rudy came to keep me company.  I was all set to watch TV but instead I cuddled with him and he managed to get me back to sleep before I knew what happened.  He’s kind of handy to have around at times.  Not sure why he did that as it’s normally his sisters job but hey I am not complaining at all.  Cats in general have a soothing effect on me.  I love watching them sleep, that makes me comfy and sleepy too. 

Just an average boring day yesterday.  Boss called at lunch time to chat about cars.  He wanted to know if I bought a new one yet.  He’s looking at electric vehicles and I told him no way would I get one of those, the infrastructure isn’t built out yet.  Gas power is still where it’s at for now.  Although there are 4 or 5 EV charging spots in the parking garage at work.  They are always full.  You are only supposed to park there for like an hour or two at most and then move.  However, most people pull up, plug in and don’t come back until it’s quitting time.  Unless your a super early bird, your pretty much screwed if you want to get a free charge at work.  Anyway, our call took a business turn and he used it to check in with me.  Funny thing is that we have our check in call set for Thursday.  I only have to do them once a month as compared to everyone else on the team who has to do them weekly.  I remember the weekly calls and after a while I simply spoke up and told him that it was getting old and I didn’t want to be helicopter managed but I used much nicer wording.  That was enough to get him to move the call to a monthly basis. 

Finishing off the pizza today from Saturday.  It’s kind of lost it’s luster but I haven’t been attacking it like I normally do, trying to get it to last.  I’ve got some pasta from the grocery store that I need to get eating on.  Not to worry nothing is going to waste here. 

Think I will be headed up as not much is going on at the moment.  Time to relax a bit before the first meeting of the day starts in about an hour.  That hour will fly by fast as all good times do.  Here’s hoping that the drama is low today and the day is just as fast moving as that hour of relaxation I am looking forward to. 

Have a great day!

No comments: