28 July 2026

Activity

Morning

Not sure what the clerk at the Post Office was talking about.  I have tracked the package and there is scanning activity on it.  Looks like it’s scheduled for delivery on Wednesday not Thursday.  Fingers crossed, I will continue to monitor this closely. 

Bossman called yesterday afternoon.  Said that he is still in talks about my promotion which he is now calling Supervisor’s Assistant but the company calls it Team Leader.  Now he’s telling me that it will be a 1st of the year promotion.  I have committed to it yet, I still want to see what exactly I would be taking on.  They don’t just give you a raise and no additional work or responsibilities for nothing.  It’s a quid pro quo situation aka you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.  I am not dumb as to accept a promotion blindly without knowing exactly what I am getting myself into, only a fool would do that.  He gave me a task to do in my spare time.  Which I knocked out early this morning to get it off my plate.  I hate having things on my plate, a clean plate is my idea of normal.  That leaves me wide open for the next big thing to land, especially when I am on call. 

Got a thank you text from my Thanksgiving friends for the flowers.  They loved them and it caught them by surprise.  They are down to 1 cat now and he is older like the last one was.  Once he is gone they don’t want anymore since they are both up there in age.  They have raised so many cats like 19 or 20 plus fed a couple of strays.  They have been good to the animals.  They also had a couple dogs as well. 

Saw something last night I have seen in quite some time.  It was raining sideways.  The wind was blowing the rain so forcefully it was coming down sideways and I’m talking a Monsoon downpour.  We had the whole Thunder & Lighting thing as well.  I am just thankful that I didn’t hear or see a tree fall, that is always my worry since my house is surrounded by them.  I like them only when the leaves are green and they stay in place. For the rest of the year they cause me issues with falling leaves and limbs.  The place would look naked without them not to mention it would cost a small fortune to chop them all down. 

Looks like I have a new baby groundhog and it’s dug up two holes that I had previously plugged.  Not happy about it.  Getting rid of them is costly.  I wish the city offered the service for free like they did in years past I would surely take them up on it.  On the plus side I haven’t seen any Racoons for a few days now and am wondering if the family moved out.  I’d like to clean the deck when the weather breaks and I have some time to do the labor and recover from it.  Not a high priority but it’s on my list of things to do. 

Had Tuna Noodle Casserole last night and took the first few bites out of the hunk of Chocolate Cake I brought home on Saturday afternoon.  It wasn’t the best meal ever but it was highly enjoyable. 

More heat and storms are on tap for today.  Then come tomorrow we are supposed to cool down.  AC is running like crazy and it feels good in here.  Were all comfy and that’s what matters most to me. 

Hope you have a good day!

No comments: