Greetings!
The week is moving fast and I am happy about that. I want to be rid of being on-call. Although, thus far this hasn’t been a horrible week. I know there is still time for that to change but I am hopeful that it will not.
Looks like the Mistake Maker and I will be out around the same time. i will be on vacation and he will be on Paternity Leave. That will leave the new guy all by himself for a week. It will be good for him and kind of give him some Baptism by fire. He will have the boss around to back him up so he won’t totally be alone. It’s about a month away and I am looking forward to getting away.
Nothing much going on. Letter still has no tracking updates, which I am highly disappointed about. Paid all that money I hope they don’t wind up losing it. Since I don’t fully trust the USPS site I am prepared just in case the phone rings or I get an email, I left my contact information in the letter in case the kid wants to reach out. Part of me thinks he will be cause family seems to be important to him. Part of me thinks he won’t because well it’s kind of a messed up situation. I can speculate until I am blue in the face but that won’t tell me how this turns out. I am a little anxious.
Cats are doing well, Rudy hung around me last night while I watched TV. He was in the way for a bit but I tolerated him because he looked too cute to wake up. It funny to see him all confused when he is woken up, it takes a minute for things to register just like with a human. He tried to jump start me this morning but it didn’t work. He wound up cuddling up next to me until I was ready to get out of bed.
Insomnia hit me again last night but it was super early 12:30a. I laid in bed and watched TV. The cats came in to keep me company. It’s nice but I think I might enjoy it more if I had time alone. They give that to me on rare occasions but it’s never long enough.
Trash day is tomorrow and my neighbors yard looks like Fred Sandford stopped by. Someone came by to pick up the appliances he set out but the furniture is still sitting. I honestly don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon. However, it’s in the front yard so everyone has to see it, not just me.
Weekend plans right now are shaping up to look like an early morning shower on Saturday. Going out for breakfast and a haircut. Then who knows what. I’ll probably want to nap but you never know I might turn productive and start doing something.
Hope it’s a great day for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment