The letter has been delivered. I got an email that shows that it was signed for by an individual, which makes me think that I didn’t get the Restricted Delivery feature that I paid so much for. I won’t know until I get the physical return receipt in the mail, which should arrive tomorrow but probably won’t arrive until next week.
The fact that the letter was delivered today caught me off guard. I am just eager to see if I got what I paid for, if not I plan to ask for a refund. USPS guarantees their service so if they fall short and you can prove it, then your entitled to a refund, you just have to ask.
Thus far it’s total radio silence here. Based on the fact it’s been a few hours, I am not expecting a reply but that’s not to say one isn’t going to come. I’m sure my letter brought all kinds of emotion with it. I believe I’ve accomplished what I set out to do. If there is a next move it’s not on me to make it.
I do have some second thoughts if I did the right thing but my gut told me this is what I needed to do. I believe my late spouse would be proud of my effort so that he didn’t die in vain and his grandson now knows who his actual grandfather was.
If there are any further developments I will keep you posted. Time to go relax and unwind.
No comments:
Post a Comment