03 July 2026

Pre-Holiday

Hey, I will admit I am a bit confused on what day of the week it is.  Took me a bit this morning to realize that it’s Friday.  That’s the problem with a holiday during the week, it always seems to mess up what day of the week it is for me. 

I was up at 6a to feed the cats but I didn’t get out of bed until 630a.  They were happy.  Rudy ate like a pig but I kept telling him to save some for his sister, which eventually he did.  That took a little encouragement from my foot in his face but he got the message.  Mora moved in and ate.  Then when she was done Rudy went back and chowed on what was left.  Then promptly threw up and asked for more food, which I didn’t give him.  That’s what he gets for being a pig!

I gave Mora her medicine and then climbed back into bed to watch TV.  I eventually would go back to sleep for a little bit.  Then got up and had breakfast.  Then back to my room to watch some TV.  Felt horny and watched the newest scene from ASG (Next Door Studios) with Josh Brady.  Wow that did the trick and I was horny no more!  It also helped me eventually get back in bed and sleep a little bit more. 

Much to my surprise I was woken up by the sound of lawn mowers.  Yeah I got my grass mowed twice in the same week.  That’s never happened before.  Lawn looks really nice.  Then look over at my neighbors who moved out, their grass is tall and lawn looks like shit.  I’m sure he will be back to mow the grass in the next few days or at least I would expect it. 

Just before 2p I got out of bed and got moving.  Had a shower, got dressed.  Then headed over to the office again.  Yeah twice in one week.  Turns out that I wound up taking my laptop off line when I went in on Monday.  I made the trip back to get it back on the network, which took a couple minutes.  My battery keyboard was dead, which I am not surprised at all.  Eventually I got logged in, the silly thing was sending the wrong keystroke for the first letter of my password.  I tried enough that it locked me out temporarily but I knew how to get around that, smart I am!

Once I was done, I headed for BBQ.  It was delicious.  There was a nice young man who came in to pickup an order.  Man he had the best looking ass.  I wanted to pick him up but just admired him from a distance for the short amount of time he was there.  That plus the good food made the trip worth while. 

Stopped at the post office to get the mail and then finally home.  Been working on laundry.  Rudy threw up on my new cover earlier in the week.  So I stripped the bed completely.  The mattress pad takes forever to wash and dry which is why I am so late.  Just waiting for the dryer to sound off so I can throw the blanket in and once it’s dry I can head up.  The cats much to my surprise are hanging out upstairs sleeping. 

I’ve put much thought into making contact with my late spouses grandson.  After gathering opinions from several people I’ve elected to try to make contact with him.  I have spent hours in front of the computer crafting a simple letter to him.  The letter is finalized and I printed it out along with his grandfathers obituary and some photos of his father when he was in high school.  The letter says in a nutshell who I am, who his grandfather was and lets him know that if he wants to make contact with me he can, if he chooses not to I totally understand but the final decision is his.  I let him know plainly that unless he reaches out I won’t be bugging him.  I figured out when his birthday is and he will be 18 and in the eyes of the law in the state, he will be an adult.  I researched property tax records to find out where his mother lives, which is where I am sending the letter.  It won’t be mailed until his birthday occurs so he is of age.  I am sending it by certified mail restricted delivery (I want to ensure that he’s the one who gets the letter and no one else).  Hopefully, the post office does their job correctly.  That’s going to cost me some where around $20 when I could easily drive to the house much cheaper, but given the circumstances the mail is the most appropriate.  If this attempt fails and the letter comes back to me then I know where he’s going to college at and will try there in a couple months.  I just want him to get the letter and if he reaches out great we can talk.  If he chooses not to reach out fine, at least he knows the truth.  I know that heritage and family is important to him.  I got the letter, obit and photos printed and prepared for mailing.  Fingers crossed this all works out well.  I think it will be a total and complete surprise to him.  I’m glad that when I had my late spouses obit printed I had the sense of mind to list his grandson as a surviving relative, even if I did spell his name wrong.  I’ll keep you updated as this unfolds.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Plans for tomorrow.  Well if it works out like I want it to.  I will get up early and head out to breakfast.  Fill up the gas tank and come back home to rest.  Lupper (that’s lunch & supper) is at 2p @ Olive Garden.  A strange place that I never thought I would be on Independence Day but I’m sure we won’t be the only one’s there.  Once that’s over with come back home and spend the rest of the day with the birthday cats.  Yeah, Rudy & Mora will turn 7 years old tomorrow.  I looked at the photo I have in my office when I was at work.  You can see the youth in there faces and they both look innocent.  Comparing that to where we are now, they have blossomed and both of their personalities have really developed in the 4 years they have been with me.  I say it often because it’s true, I am glad that they are my cats.  It’s going to suck as we both age but at least we will be growing old together, so to speak. 

Off to occupy my time as I wait for laundry to complete.  I know that eventually one of the cats will be down here “barking” at me telling me it’s time for bed, because it is.  However not much I can do with the bedding in the laundry got to have it to make the bed so we can all climb in. 

The AC has been working some serious overtime but damn it feels really nice in here!  I will be glad when the heat wave is done. 

Take care!                       

2 comments:

RB said...

You might be able to find out on FB if he's going to college.

Jeremy Ryan said...

He is an athlete and signed to a college. I already have that information since it's publically available.