Morning and happy July.
We are still in the middle of a heat wave here in my neck of the woods. It feels really nice when the AC kicks on and I feel it blowing on me. That only happens if I am in my bedroom or here in the basement but it’s so enjoyable.
Mora’s rear end is looking more normal. She still hates taking her medicine. When she sees me coming with the pill gun loaded with her medicine she tries to hide from me. She is 19 pounds and sticks out like a sore thumb, there is no out running me. I will do most anything to capture her just to get the pill down her. She is really easy to medicate but capturing her is the challenge. Here’s hoping that when this round of medicine is done in a few days that I don’t have to give her any medicine for a very long time! Cats aren’t fun to medicate.
Yesterday my last meeting of the day was about changes to our environment at work and the way I do certain things at work is changing. This comes as we migrate to Exchange Online into the Azure and Microsoft Cloud environment. It seems that we are going from simple to complicated and I am going to have to jump through some hoops. Part of it is a learning curve on my part. I’ve got another meeting today to further explain what exactly as we are setup today so that can be translated on what I do once the big switch is flipped next month. It’s something I DO NOT look forward to but it’s something I have to do. I’d really love to quit and just leave them to figure things out but realistically that wouldn’t work out well for me. I hate change partially because I am human and partially because I like my set routine and way of doing things. Don’t mess with the routine.
With cloud platforms just as soon as you get comfy in their admin portal and think everything is going well and you’ve adjusted. The provider decides to make changes to the portal and you have to learn where things are at and if you can still have the same functionality or if there is a new way to do what you used to do. This is what makes cloud administration a nightmare but it’s all the rage and everything is going to the cloud. Which there is no cloud, it’s just someone else’s computer.
I’ve got 3 more meetings on tap for today. Then 1 meeting tomorrow and that should wrap things up for this week. I think my boss is out next week which will kind of be nice but I am only working 3 days next week so it’s a short break. However, I will take as much time away from him as I can get. I hate the sound of his voice and dread his emails and text messages.
Speaking of which still no word on pay raises. Whatever were getting should be effective today but none of us know anything about what we are getting. I plan to bring that up in one of my meetings today. It would be nice to know so it doesn’t come as a total surprise. Normally we know way before now.
I think I will be in a much better frame of mind tomorrow since we will have a long weekend ahead. No word from my Thanksgiving friends on where they want to go to eat at. I wouldn’t be surprised if they totally back out but I’m not hounding them. They know how to reach me and I’m sure it will be a last minute thing, which I am not fond of. I like to have things planned out in advance.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I’m off to surf a little bit and then headed upstairs to be with the cats before meeting time rolls around. Take care and I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment