10 July 2024

What a day

Of all of the days to come back, I had to pick today.  It’s been hell on wheels.  Started off calm and then all of a sudden it was like being shoved down hill on roller-skates.  Bossman is out but still watching his email and dishing out assignments that are 1/2 assed.  The mistake maker has been busy with me and another colleague out.  My coming back today helped him a little bit.  I wonder what he’s messed up while I have been out.  I know I’ll figure it out eventually.  He’s starting to be tight lipped and not be a “communicator” like he should be.  Between him and the boss and my bosses boss I’m going nucking futs. 

On a positive note I was able to play catch-up quickly and there wasn’t a whole lot of back log.  Part of that is because it’s not super busy coming back after a holiday and because I was only out 2 days.  The longer I am gone the longer it takes me to catch-up. 

Really in a foul mood and unhappy today.  Makes me want to submit a vacation request and just cash out my bank, which would give me roughly about a month off.  However, cooler heads prevail and I am not foolish to submit such a request.  I will be putting one in though not sure if I want to take 2 full weeks now or split things up.  I don’t have plans to go anywhere but I could take day trips and stay out as late as I wanted to, provided the cats don’t fuss too much. 

Had 1/2 Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes last night for supper.  Planning on having the other 1/2 tonight.  Just typing about it makes me hungry. 

My back is better but I got a lousy nights sleep just because I worried too much about today.  Hopefully, I sleep much better tonight.  Only two more days left and I won’t be going into the office this week.  I will need to make an appearance next week. 

Off to be with the cats and hope that my work day is done!  Take care.

No comments: