29 July 2024

Wet Evening

On my way to get BBQ I encountered a brief downpour.  It was done long before I arrived.  I had my food and noticed that the sky was getting dark to the point where you could see people pulling in with their headlights on.  I live in a state where if it’s raining and your wipers are on your headlights have to be on as well.  Not everyone follows this but it’s a great safety tip and helps others see you. 

In any event saw one cute guy walk in while I was eating.  The waitress took forever to come take payment and it had started sprinkling.  I didn’t want to get caught in the downpour that I knew was coming.  I used the mobile app to pay my bill.  It felt strange and I got stopped before I left, I indicated I used mobile pay.  Damn if that app didn’t add in a large tip without me consenting to it.  It’s not going to kill me.  I got wet getting to my car but it was just light rain.  The downpour started just after I got in the car. 

Drove in a storm all the way home and it kept on going for a while.  My back gutter over the deck acts like it’s clogged again.  I will get on a ladder to check it out eventually.  The rain finally stopped and I just kept thinking about that new hole the groundhog dug.  I researched how to close one of those things up.  I pretty much had it right in my mind.  I didn’t know that you can buy a carbon monoxide fuse and essentially bury them alive and kill them.  I’m not trying that because with my luck I’d catch the deck on fire.  I didn’t know they don’t like the odor from Castor Oil so I’ll be getting some of that and putting it by the new hole.  I want to make sure that it’s empty before I go trying to close it up.  That’s going to be a fiasco. 

Saw the baby groundhog again this morning in the front yard just munching away and looking cute as ever.  I wonder what happened to the original adult that was here.  I’m getting a little concerned that it’s gone. 

I just watched TV last night.  I wanted to do other things but just didn’t much feel like it.  Got in my shave and shower before bed, played with the cats and after that I was just ready to sack out.  Took a strong dose of sleeping meds since I had a morning nap.  Wanted to make sure that I actually slept.  However, the stronger dose invites nightmares and I had one crazy ass dream.  I woke up a couple times to use the bathroom.  I knew that would happen because just before I passed out I had a strong craving for cold water and drank damn near a whole bottle.  It sure was good. 

I feel hung over this morning and plan to go take another nap.  It’s raining again and that is supposed to be the theme here for the next couple days along with excessive heat.  I am tired of the rain.  Figures that it would pour for days after I sprayed.  At least that stuff got a few hours to dry and soak in.  It should be good for a month but I will probably be spraying again when I am on vacation. 

Happy to not be on-call anymore, I’ve knocked out my morning tasks.  The only item left on my calendar is lunch.  Still I have to keep an eye out in case something comes rolling in.  However, I am planning on heading back upstairs to be with the cats. 

Its’ the perfect combo to take a nap.  Feeling hung over, rain and a Monday.  Might as well enjoy it while I can but hopefully I don’t sleep terribly long even though I’d like to.  Got to make sure that I sleep tonight so that I can rise early tomorrow for my trip in. 

Hope that you you had a nice weekend and that the week ahead will be fast moving but calm.  I don’t know about you but I am ready for another weekend, especially since I can turn my phone off I so look forward to doing that. 

Take care!

No comments: