Morning … I made it to the office. Had a horrible nights sleep but Rudy kept me company part of the time and helped to get me back to sleep. I figure that I am going to crash at some point today but hopefully it doesn’t happen until I get home.
Something went wrong with a change I made not sure if it was the computer or me just not fully concentrating. As a result I am waiting for the fix to be applied and it’s a slow process and has one person inconvenienced. That makes me feel bad but there isn’t much I can do. Just apologized and let them know I am working on it. That’s what I get for trying to help out. Damn me being nice – no good deed goes unpunished a lesson that I seem to never learn.
Mora was surprised that I got up early she wanted to lay in her bed but I went to greet her to make sure that she was alive because normally after the can of food cracks in the morning she is waiting around the corner. Rudy did his usual thing and followed me to the kitchen getting under my feet and being anxious for his breakfast. Mora came out and had some. Then she jumped back on my bed while I was in the shower.
As per usual I hated to leave them but I look forward to their greeting when I get home, that’s a priceless moment.
Got my replacement hard drive ordered. It was a Prime Deal and I saw it yesterday. I could have got an even better deal if I would have only acted quicker. Now for the fun part it will be late next week before the drive arrives. I picked up a few other things that were on sale and they will be delivered on Friday. Got that document holder and some new lights for the garage that are supposed to be super bright, here’s hoping I’m not blinded when I install them.
Since the stress of coming in is over with for now I expect that I will sleep really good tonight or so I hope.
I thought about it and put in for a weeks vacation. It starts on a Thursday when I am off to see the doctor. I took the Friday off as well and then the following week and Labor Day is on the following Monday so it’s a nice long stretch with two weekends. The bad part is that when I come back I will be on-call. I really hated that it worked out like that. Very much looking forward to taking a break. I am at or close to burnout and the break is very much needed.
The rain is all done and today is a nice sunny day. Surprising how the weather affects my mood and nothing that I love more than a day of sunshine. Not excited about it being super hot.
As always looking forward to heading home this afternoon. Until then lets hope that I can stay awake and motivated even if there is a lull. I hope that you have a great day and appreciate your visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment