Welcome back and happy almost Friday. Yesterday after lunch things got busy. A large project dropped and that kept me occupied for the afternoon as well as part of this morning. There is more work to do but not until tomorrow so it’s going to be a busy Friday. The only good thing about that is it will be fast moving.
Looks like the Groundhog(s) managed to build a new den, it is located on the corner of my neighbors fence and goes underneath a shed they have. If they manage to tunnel and emerge in the neighbors yard they have a dog (I call him Sir Barks A lot bet you can’t guess why) that will shred both of them or so I think. Amazon Alexa said that a Groundhog can easily defend it’s self against a small dog but their dog is medium to large so who knows, I don’t want to find out. I saw the baby out last night getting its munch on. It is common for them to have several dens so I’m not offended. I like them and wish them no harm but kind of wish they would move on. Kind of doubt that is going to happen unless someone traps them and rehomes them, I’ve given up on that idea way too costly.
Got in some early play time with the cats and took a shower before heading to bed. I slept fine until around 5a this morning and then my bladder said it was time to get up and my brain said oh yeah that’s a wonderful idea. Rudy was happy when I got out of bed but not so when I returned a short time later. He waited patiently by my head until I was ready to get up. I gave him some attention and he made some biscuits.
My new hard drive arrived and I’ve got the data copied over. Now I am compressing things to help save space and then I plan to format the recovery drive I was sent and copy the compressed data back to it so I have a local backup if it’s needed. I can update it as needed, until I manage to fill that drive up. This will be a process but if I stick with it I hope to be done by the end of the weekend if not before. Then I can start having it all backup to the cloud as well, you can’t have too many up to date copies when it comes to data recovery.
The weather for the weekend is spotty showers, doesn’t exactly make great weather for spraying for pests but if I can get the stuff down and it dries then I’m good. It’s designed to fade away over the course of two months.
Got my first new promotional internet bill, glad I signed up for the auto pay discount because my bill is a whopping $2 less once they add on taxes. Auto pay is a $5 discount but odd how it actually works out once the bill is generated. It’s still cheaper than what I was paying. The only thing I have noticed is that at two different periods I have had spotty connectivity where it’s solid for a while and then randomly skips. It only makes a difference when I am working, my play streaming and browsing don’t seem to notice it. The fix has been to reboot the modem and then the router. I started a log since this happened again yesterday I’m looking to see if there is a trend. If so might need a different modem even though this one is supposed to be brand new.
Well back to the fun that is work. Hope you have a great day. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment