Short week but damn we have to start with a Monday! Not terribly excited about today just because it’s the start of the week and I’m just not a Monday fan in general. The only thing good about Monday’s are when my weeks of on-call end, otherwise I generally don’t care for them.
Cleaned the house, had some play time fun with the cats. Got my KFC carry out. The cats managed to talk me in to a second supper for them. I had passed something out earlier because Mora was bugging me since I cleaned, I waited until they were done with lunch and then pulled up all their food. One of them usually starts bugging me as soon as they discover there is no wet food out for them to eat. What a system they have.
My KFC was damn good and I’ve got enough to make at least two more meals. As I recall I last had this around the holidays. It’s pretty good. While I was there I noticed a sign that indicated they didn’t give refunds but if you have a problem return the uneaten food of your meal and they will make it right. I’ve never had an issue with them but that policy kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
Squirrels have been setting off my cameras this morning, making me think I have visitors when it’s just them. I hate false camera alerts and get them more often than not. Sometimes the sun reflects on a tree, the wind blows and the cameras pick this up as motion so I get an alert. I usually just wind up snoozing alerts when this starts due to it happening over and over again and that solves the problem. Really wish the cameras were a bit more intelligent but they aren’t horrible considering what I paid for them.
Looks like it’s going to be a bit cooler of a week and we have rain moving in on Wednesday and into Thursday. Perhaps that will tame some of the random fireworks and gunshots that we usually hear, I can only hope. I love professional firework displays and watching them on TV is the best. It’s fun to record them now and watch them in the dead of winter. Kind of like I record the Thanksgiving Day parade and watch it months later, then I wish it was Thanksgiving again.
Nothing major going on, just trying to stay awake because I know the moment I close my eyes that’s when the phone will tell me something at work needs my attention.
At least for once in a long time I had a decent nights sleep. Rudy did try an early morning wake up call at 5a but I told him it was too soon. He just curled up next to my head in an open space by my pillows and went back to sleep. I didn’t know he was there until I rolled over and found him. Mora was on the cedar chest resting on a pillow. I pretty much had the whole bed to myself and I think my body enjoyed that.
Me thinks it’s going to be a long and slow moving day but that’s okay I’ll make it through somehow. I’m at home and don’t plan on leaving until Thursday when I go to visit my friends for lupper, they are eating early enough it’s a combo meal of lunch and dinner. Friday will be a Sam’s run day, my printer ink is back in stock at the store. I don’t need it but like to keep it on hand so I don’t run out. I’ll use that as an excuse to pick up more bakery and probably more soda.
Only 5 more months and then the year is done. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment