09 July 2024

Down & Out

Well turns out my power washing activity on Saturday really took me out of commission.  Despite best efforts to try to heal up and be some what better so that I didn’t miss any work they failed.  I was out yesterday and again today.  I really wanted to go in this week but I don’t foresee that happening.

I’ve taken muscle relaxers and slept Monday away.  I felt really good last night and thought that I’d be able to make it today but I didn’t feel the best this morning.  My back is still quite sore and it hurts to move but it’s at the good kind of sore like I just had an intense workout.  I think I was a bit over confident last night and shaved and showered, that might have been overdoing it a little bit. 

I’ve slept the morning away but been up since around 11a and just watching TV with the cats.  We each had some lunch, I had junk and they got some Salmon.  They are really good companions, staying close by and knowing that I don’t feel good.  However, we still had to have play time last night they make exceptions but that is one they weren’t willing to make. 

I thought my boss was out this week but apparently that’s next week, he’s just doing some minor traveling this week.  I already know there is a disaster waiting for me to go back to based on what I saw last night.  I can only imagine that things have grown worse since I missed another day. 

Hopefully I can dig myself out and be productive tomorrow.  I know that my morning will surely be busy and that will help to pass the day.  I just hope that I sleep well tonight.  I tend to loose sleep when I have any worry in my life. 

It’s a rainy day here and cooler.  Been raining since last night and there appears to be no end in sight at the moment.  Feels foreign to be at my computer without my phone nearby.  It’s powered off and upstairs.  When I take a day off I don’t want to be reachable at all, people will pester you all day long if you let them.  Powering off the phone kind of solves that but it also makes me wonder what I am missing.  I’ll find out when I power it back on as it will all come rolling in.

Well I guess I should go back upstairs since Rudy is pestering me.  He seems the most worried out of the two of them.  Like I’m going to let him miss a meal or something.  Won’t happen.  I might skip a meal but the cats will always have food. 

Hope your well and that life is going better for your than it has been for me.  Take care!

No comments: