05 July 2024

Friday

Happy Friday, hope that you had an enjoyable Independence Day Holiday if you are in the us.  It’s really nice having today off and I am enjoying almost not working.  I got a call this morning that I had to deal with but it was something quick.  Still had to fire up the laptop and get connected in.  Bleh, not a fan of that.  Hopefully, the next two days are totally quiet, that would be awesome!

So the holiday … I went over to my friends house.  They said we were eating at 3p.  I arrived 5 minutes early.  I was the first one there, there was no food ready at 3p unless you wanted chips, which I didn’t.  We actually sat down to eat around 4:30p.  Burgers which tasted nothing like a hamburger should.  Potato Salad that was store bought and additional mustard was added to it, tasted okay.  BBQ Beans that he seasoned up some way with honey and BBQ Brisket, which sounds good but tasted horrible.  The pastors wife brought some Jell-O Cake that tasted awful.  Part of me is happy that I went and the other part of me wishes that I would have stayed home.  We talked about the new chain restaurant that opened that we were supposed to go to.  Funny they asked how many times I had been and I said 2.  They said they were there 3 times.  They didn’t remember anything about promising to take me.  Looks like the next get together will be Thanksgiving unless they invite me over for Labor Day.  That’s usually an outdoor affair and I skip it because I am not an outdoor person.

Celebrated the cats birthday with them, we sat in the living room after I got home way later than I wanted to.  They ate some food.  We watched TV and then when it got dark we watched the fireworks from the living room.  They were still going at 11:30p only the big bangs caused the cats to look around, otherwise they were find and slept through the fireworks.  We had some playtime before bed. 

Considering that I went to bed late I really didn’t want to get up early this morning.  Rudy made sure that I passed out breakfast for them and then I went back to bed.  I eventually got up to eat my own version of breakfast and then parked in front of the TV.  Watched a new Zac Effron movie on Netflix.  Not a bad movie. 

I tried to go back to sleep to get in a mid-afternoon nap.  First time I got woke up by a work email.  Second time was the cameras alerting to motion, which was nothing more than the wind blowing.  I tried to go back for a third time but the cats told me that it was time to get my lazy ass up.  So that’s what I did.  Passed out lunch for them, got dressed and made my Sam’s run.  Got my printer ink.  They were out of paper towels that is the only thing on my list that I wasn’t able to purchase.  Not to worry I was buying to have them on hand, it’s not like I am down to bare bones yet. 

Got shocked by a tweet from Scott Dynamo (aka Nic Wilson) his husband of 1 year Mike Heslin passed away from a sudden cardiac event.  Damn this poor guy can’t seem to get any breaks.  Scott/Nic had testicular cancer and had some major surgery in the past couple years.  Mike was his care taker and what I think got him through this.  Things got better, him and Mike got married last year and were close to celebrating their one year anniversary.  Now Mike’s gone.  Not something that you would expect for a couple that was in their 30’s.  I feel so bad for Scotty/Nic and unfortunately know a lot of what he is going through with being married a short time and having lost his spouse.  In case your not familiar Scotty started off in the music business with making some unique tunes and doing remixes.  He’s also an actor and been in a couple movies and he’s a professional athlete.  I’ve followed him for years and think he’s so damn cute.  Reading his tweet just shook me to my core.  You just never know young or old, tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us. 

On a different note we have had a couple of power surges here last night and then again this morning.  The only upside is that the AC wasn’t running when they occurred.  I’ve got plenty of UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) for my electronics so nothing went down.  Still I am concerned about things that aren’t on a UPS like the fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc.  Power Surges aren’t good.  However between a surge and an outage I’d rather have the surge because damn it’s hot outside!

Working on laundry and surfing the internet as the cats talk up a storm and try to get me to pay attention to them.  I’ve been doing nothing but that for hours and now it’s me time.  Make no mistake about it they get maximum attention. 

Take care!

No comments: