Had an okay Friday night. Finished watching LA Law on Prime before the last season was scheduled to leave. What a great show that was back in the day. I grew up watching it every Thursday night without fail with my Grandfather. I think my Grandmother might have watched a few episodes. The good old days.
Back on point, I moved on to Dirty Pop on Netflix and learned even more about Lou Pearlman than I had known already. Oddly enough Lance Bass used to have a show on SirusXM called Dirty Pop back when they had a Gay station. I listened to it on my way home from work.
All I had for supper was a Greek Yogurt and damn I was hungry. I kept thinking a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and some fries sounded damn good. I could almost taste them in my mouth. I was sure I was going to McDonald’s but I talked myself out of it and instead had a nice warmed Pecan Pastry with a glass of milk. Nothing like a little sugar for supper. I remember saying a Quarter Pounder would have tasted better. Damn if today I didn’t see an ad on Hulu for that very product. I really want it but have yet to give in.
I didn’t do anything that I really wanted to do and just went to bed. Rudy bugged me to play with him but I told him I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. I laid down in bed, he joined me and I watched some Schitts Creek and managed to pass out rather quickly. Of course I brushed and flossed, as well as took my sleeping meds before getting into bed.
Lots on my mind and of course I slept great until 5a. Rudy thought for sure I was getting up and he was getting food but I just used the bathroom and went back to bed. He had me up at 7a and I passed out food for him. I came back to bed but there was no getting back to sleep. I finally got up and had breakfast. I half way wanted to make the campus tour that my class was getting of our old high school. However, I managed to dose off and when I woke up there wasn’t enough time to get a shower and go, so I skipped it. I doubt much has changed in the 5 years since I was there for the last tour, still it would have been nice to see. Anyway, I came downstairs for a bit and checked on my data.
I managed to zip all of the scenes I had for each studio and then delete the original files. That helped to compress the overall archive. I plugged the backup drive that I had sent to me with the original data and formatted it. Now I am copying the contents of the compressed archive to it and when done I will encrypt it and store it away locally. Then I will turn on the new drive and let all of that data upload to the cloud so it’s backed up off site. Ah, then that project will be done for now. I’ve got more files that I have accumulated that need to be archived.
It started off an overcast day, turned sunny and then back to overcast with the threat of rain by the time I got ready to get out. Managed to hit up the cat food store, post office and went to grab a pizza and look at the cute guy waiters. Hubba saw some nice buns and had a damn good pizza. I was the only person in the entire place so there wasn’t much movement. I got rained on going down but it was dry coming back. I elected not to spray today but think I will get it done tomorrow. Those are my intentions.
Rudy and I saw the baby groundhog but no adult/parent was out. Perhaps it was napping I highly doubt that it’s gone. I’m always on the lookout. Love watching the critters. Rudy & Mora got in some bird watching this morning and that kept them occupied for a long time. They run between the front window and the back window. Sometimes one of them is at each window. So memorized by the birds. I know they each want one but that’s not going to happen.
The High School Class reunion was my 35th and from those that I saw were going, there was no one there that I really wanted to talk to. I’m sure it’s a good time and I know I told myself 5 years ago that I’d go to the next one but nope not happening. Perhaps if HS would have been more enjoyable for me and I had more friends then I’d go to live it up but honestly I think it’s all about look at me, I’m a big shot, drive a fancy car, got a sexy wife/husband and got X number of kids. I don’t need to hear people bragging about themselves and how well they are doing and how far they have come. We’ve all had our triumphs and troubles, many similar experiences and many unique experiences. However, I really don’t plan on seeing the majority of those people ever again and that’s why the turn out is limited to a certain click of people.
This is going to sound kind of ironic after reading the last paragraph. Today marks 10 years since I started my present job. I remember having many more cats, debt and worry. Leaving town headed off to training in a large city that I drove to for hours. I had my Thanksgiving Friend checking on the cats and we’d have a phone call each day in the evening when he was here to feed them and scoop out the litter box. It was only 3 months after my spouse had passed and I truly was out on my own. Damn a lot happens in 10 years and the make up of the place has sure changed to something I never imagined. I’ve managed to do my original job, get interested in a new role and get it then get promoted a second time. I think I’ve probably climbed as far as I will at this place and I’m okay with that. I’m well known, highly respected and though of and have helped so many. I am beyond proud of myself because this is the job that I’ve held the longest in my entire life. I hope to be able to be lucky enough to retire form this place but it’s more likely that I will move to a part-time role but I’m years away from any of that being a possibility. I am sure that lots more change will be coming. I also know that if my late spouse could see me he would be beyond proud of me and say that I’ve done good. Might not have been dealt the best hand but damn I did alright all things considered. It’s a once in a lifetime experience and I don’t think that if I had it to do all over again that things would turn out the same. It’s important to reflect and remember but as my late spouse would say, life is all about moving forward. Time to keep marching on!
Yesterday was my Thanksgiving friends birthday. I sent a card and talked about getting together to hit up that new restaurant they said we’d go to. Were supposed to be spending more time together, at least that was the promise as of last Christmas and it’s yet to happen. Good intentions or perhaps good fluffy words to make me feel hopeful and inspired but no intentions of carrying them out. I fucking hate empty promises. If you say it then do it, if you don’t want to do it then keep your mouth shut.
Feeling extra lonely today and depressed but I’ll come out of it. It just sucks being alone and having no real friends. Hope you had a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment